Promote My Place - A big technical issue today?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Brockles

Promote My Place - A big technical issue today?

Post by Brockles »

In the early hours of July 13 2017, large chunks of text, photos etc. simply 'disappeared' from my PMP websites. Then I received scores of SMS messages and emails from them of old enquiries - long since dealt with.

Are all PMP users experiencing the same problem?

Would a LMH technical person comment as to whether they feel that PMP can restore the websites back to yesterday's details. The thought of having to start over to achieve this is concerning me greatly.

Any help or advice from anybody?
Puffin Lodge Filey

Post by Puffin Lodge Filey »

The same thing happened to me yesterday afternoon. All the text from two of my pages has disappeared! I am annoyed at the thought of having to input all the information again. Fortunately we are not taking bookings through our website yet.
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
Brockles

Post by Brockles »

I contacted PMP and they replied quickly that they were aware of the issue, and their tech guys were working on a fix. They suggest I wait a bit for their tech guys before re-entering missing details.
Brockles

Post by Brockles »

PMP really came up trumps in the end. They worked rapidly on the glitch, sending me periodic emails on their progress, and all was restored within a few hours. Sometimes it takes an issue like this to demonstrate how helpful and efficient companies like PMP really are.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Something similar happened to me a couple of weeks ago. A couple of pages seemed to revert to an old version, when my apartment had a different name. Pmp were able to restore it from the backup within a couple of hours. They do seem to get a few glitches, but they're great at sorting them out when they happen.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I just received 118 enquiries as I was reading this. A good thing, as I would have been saying "Wow - the cottage facebook ad must really be working!". Do you think I have to report this separately or will they realise it is happening to everyone?
Brockles

Post by Brockles »

Felicity A

I think it would do no harm to fill in a support report. In my case, it seemed as though someone was dedicated to fix my websites, rather than a blanket move for all PMP websites.
Puffin Lodge Filey

Post by Puffin Lodge Filey »

I'm pleased to report that all the missing text has now been restored to my website. Thanks, Brockles, for raising this with PMP. I thought I had done something wrong and couldn't work out what.
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

My web has been corrupted too. All the photos have been duplicated and moved around. Quite a pain to fix. Also quite worrying as to what else, descriptions etc are also wrong. Without reading through and comaring its tricky to know for sure.

I have asked if they can restore the site from a backup, a recent one preferably within a day or two.

Has anyone else had them restore the site to a recent version??
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've had an email from them this afternoon. A bug in some code on their new update.
We were notified of a technical issue with the PromoteMyPlace system this morning where a few websites had content missing on certain pages.

The issue was isolated to certain websites - not all customers were affected.

It was caused by a system update we released at the end of yesterday, which unfortunately introduced a bug that did not show up when testing in our test environment.

As soon as we realised, our tech team worked quickly to resolve the issue, and all customers who contacted us via support had their issues resolved this morning.

However it’s impossible for us to check every site on our system, and we wouldn’t want you to have a problem that goes unnoticed. So as a precaution we ask that you check your own website to make sure it's displaying as it should be, and notify us at support@promotemyplace.zendesk.com if you see any issues, so that we can resolve them as quickly as possible.

We are also aware of an issue were customers have received notifications via email and SMS for historic enquiries. This has also now been resolved.

Kind regards,
The PromoteMyPlace Team

If you are still having issues let them know asap. Don't forget to clear your browser cache before you check it.
Ele

Post by Ele »

I received the same email you received from them Hells Bells this evening. Checked my website and realised the Gallery and Comments pages were empty - one email to Support, and after two replies from them it was all fixed within an hour.

Must say a big well done to PMP for their responsiveness, which has always been my experience to date.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

All fixed now. Fantastic support, as always.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I had the enquiries issue yesterday which I reported.

Have noticed that my photos are a total mess today... duplicates and others missing. Aargh!

Have just reported this now - hope PMP's support is up to its usual standards.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Happy to report PMP's support is as good as ever. Problems with photos quickly resolved. :D
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I found that I had a problem with photos disappearing too so I contacted them. Wow, they are so quick!!! (But I knew they would be which is why I recommend them time and time again). Thank you for the heads up as without this thread I would not have realised that my photos were affected although I would have been slightly flummoxed by the 118 enquiries coming in! All good again.