Airbnb?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
charliechoice

Airbnb?

Post by charliechoice »

Could someone please advise, we recently took a booking through Airbnb however the payment received by ourselves was approximately £30 less than stated in our transaction history. Would this be bank charges authorised by our bank in the UK? If so seems quite high.

Many thanks Phil.
Jonathan

Re: Airbnb?

Post by Jonathan »

charliechoice wrote:Could someone please advise, we recently took a booking through Airbnb however the payment received by ourselves was approximately £30 less than stated in our transaction history. Would this be bank charges authorised by our bank in the UK? If so seems quite high.

Many thanks Phil.
The difference is the airbnb fee charged to the owner.

Jonathan
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I have not taken a payment through AirbnB but surely "transaction history" is just that - full details of the transaction, including any charges made by AirbnB to both the guest and the owner? I would question it if it is more than 3% ( or 5% if you have the super strict cancellation policy) of the total amount ( which will include AirbnB's charge to them on top of your rent) charged to the guest.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've never received a different amount from that stated by Airbnb - that figure includes their 3% commission charge to me. Would it be to do with the exchange rate? Do you charge in a different currency Phil?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've just checked my last transaction in the history. If you click on the booking ref no shown, it will open the itinerary, and shows you what the payout and the amount of fees paid by you.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

The ABB reservation confirmation email also shows the amount the guest pays, with the amount underneath showing how much you earn as well.