Rentalo.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
memes

Rentalo.com

Post by memes »

Anyone ever used this lot? US site I think - am trying to tap into that market and came across em. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

Thanks

M
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Totaly useless! and more spam than a.....well a spam factory.
Cheers
PC
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I've never heard of them.Strange name,is it for the Spanish market do you suppose ? :?
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Nope, US market.
Cheers
PC
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Paul, :D

Your full of Good Information.....
Aline

Rentalo

Post by Aline »

Famous spammers!

Go to the Yahoo Group Vacation Rentals for further info.
Aloha,
Aline
Sugar Beach Apartment
http://www.4star-mauirentals.com
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All :D
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:54 pm Post subject: Spamming Listing sites.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not sure what heading this should be but Ive had a different sort of Spamming sent to me by rentalo.com .

Good Afternoon,

We just received a booking inquiry from Janice Jones who is interested in staying at a Vacation Rental similar to yours in Costa Blanca for 2 adults to stay 8 nights (Ref. 2341179). If you have availability, we would appreciate if you could give us a call so that we may assist you registering your property and sending your offer to Janice Jones as soon as possible.

Optionally, if you wish to send your offer directly to Janice Jones, you can also register your property online at:
http://rentalo.com/web/client/po.cgi?pi ... om&p=32669 And then follow our easy, step-by-step tutorials to send your offer to Janice Jones.

Travelers Services
Rentalo.comâ„¢

Its a bit odd as youd think poor Janice...whose so fallen in love with a property like mine...didnt book said property &/or would be able to contact me or the listing site that she found me on to book directly!!!!!!!!!!

Two more today ....Just asking me to register and advertise no mention of poor Janice

I expect that a few of you will have something similar sent....
but be kind . it is November after all and we all know how hard is it for the Janices of the world to get booked in the peak November weeks...she must be getting desperate.....

Just to prove it, this is what I received and posted on another heading as I say Ive also had 2 more saying they have bookings for me just waiting for me to join?????????some chance..... :roll: :evil:
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Ros,

Is that your e-mail address in the URL included in that message?

If so, I'd suggest editing it out...
Brooke
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks Brooke, :wink:

Done it on both now....

[thanks for you speedy edit of our unwelcome posting in the cafe[I didnt even have a peek promise :oops: ]
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Teehee, you and Pauliner both -- I know where your minds are! :lol:
Brooke
Big Sis..

SCAM SCAM SCAM site

Post by Big Sis.. »

Rentalo has been a big problem with vacation rental owners recently. Many inquiries that dont fit the model. I went and inquired on property using another email address and didn't even get an inquiry or automatic offer for my own rental unit!

Robert
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Robert,

Ive just replied on the other post,
but I think its a great idea we could email enquiries about other Forum users listings to see if theyre getting good service
using our email addresses so they wont realise... :roll:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

We just received a booking inquiry from Geoffrey Briggs who is interested in staying at a Vacation Rental similar to yours in Costa Blanca for 2 adults to stay 16 nights (Ref. 2353993). If you have availability, we would appreciate if you could give us a call so that we may assist you registering your property and sending your offer to Geoffrey Briggs as soon as possible.

Optionally, if you wish to send your offer directly to Geoffrey Briggs, you can also register your property online at:
http://rentalo.com/wAnd then follow our easy, step-by-step tutorials to send your offer to Geoffrey Briggs.

Travelers Services
Rentalo.comâ„¢
1 877-710-5914 ext 2 Toll-free
1 305-558-5577 ext 2 (Outside US/Canada)
Anither one today that 4 in all.... :roll: :evil:
Marta Olszewska

Post by Marta Olszewska »

My name is Marta Olszewska and I am the Marketing Manager for Rentalo.com. First of all I would like to thank the Forum members to give their honest opinions on Rentalo.com. I believe that constructive criticism is essential and I am glad to hear your feedback, even if it is negative.

I would like to reply on the points raised in this discussion.

1) Is Rentalo.com engaging in deceptive practices such as sending phony inquiries?

You are receiving e-mails from Rentalo for the following reasons:

- You have been referred by a traveler or a travel agent in our network who has given us your contact information while completing a survey after using a destination inquiry service.

- As a service for travelers using rentalo to find vacation properties in any of the 15,000 destinations available, we send a partial information of the traveler to our database of referred owners in attempt to assist travelers in finding accommodations.

Are these inquiries from real travelers?

- In Rentalo travelers can click on "Submit Inquiry" tab in any of our 15,000 destinations and complete a short form to get offers from multiple property owners with one click.

- To minimize deceptive or phony inquiries, rentalo enforces an email verification process on all new travelers. Also Rentalo's quality assurance team is constantly monitoring inquiries to prevent any kind of fraud.

- Since we launched our Destination Inquiry service in 1999, Rentalo has received thousands of positive reviews by several prestigious organizations and the media in the travel industry.

To see more details and more profound explanation, please click on this link: http://rentalo.com/docs/inquiry_emails.html

2) Is Rentalo.com sending spam emails?

All commercial e-mails send by Rentalo servers are in full compliance with all the commercial requirements as stated by the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) CAN-Spam Act: Requirements for Commercial Emailers as pointed below:

- All e-mail headers are accurate and identify the person or department who initiated it
- The subject lines are relevant and do not mislead the reader about the content
- All e-mails provide a return e-mail address or an Internet- based response mechanism
- Recipients can easily opt out from receiving our e-mails
- All e-mails include a valid physical postal address (8004 NW 154 St #401, Miami, FL 33016)
- Rentalo.com is not involved in any banned practices concerning e-mail marketing

To see the full explanation, please click on: http://rentalo.com/docs/rentalo-anti-sp ... iance.html

In addition, I will be glad to answer any of your questions or doubts.

Warm regards,

rentalo.com
by Marta Olszewska
Owner's Community & Marketing Manager
(+1) 305.558.5577 ext 603 Int'l
http://rentalo.com
Last edited by Marta Olszewska on Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

You have been referred by a traveler or a travel agent in our network who has given us your contact information while completing a survey after using a destination inquiry service.
As someone who has received about 4 such emails two naming specific people, can I just say that If I DID advertise with you
I would be very annoyed that you hadnt tried to get the people who are so desperate to rent from me[who doesnt pay you to advertise] :wink: :roll: .....
to rent one of the other numerous properties you must already represent.....seems very odd to me....especially the time of year I cant believe that they are ALL already booked :?: :roll: :cry: