Rentalo.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
debk

Post by debk »

Whoa. No moss growing under your feet, Joanna.

Celebrating this thread's spirit of "do first and check later," I just nicked the new 'spam policy' wording from your site. If you don't like it, send me an email and I'll remove it within 30 days. Or maybe 10, if you know your rights. 8)
debk
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Celebrating this thread's spirit of "do first and check later," I just nicked the new 'spam policy' wording from your site. If you don't like it, send me an email and I'll remove it within 30 days. Or maybe 10, if you know your rights.
I think she does Deb..... :wink:
but aint it good that shes on OUR side[wouldnt like to be against her... Im in awe......]

Thanks again Joanna. :)

PS. Would this do any good though or would this sort of Website carry on doing it anyway...what comeback would we have if any.... :?
debk

Post by debk »

what comeback would we have if any
Not sure how it works outside the USA, but when I left the States in 2001 people were successfully getting those $11,000 (per violation!) fines applied to sites like this.

In truth though, I think the best thing we can do is share our knowledge -- educate, educate, educate -- and then let these people's business practices collapse under their own weight. And they will.

Beijinhos,
debk
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Joanna, thank you! I have now added similar text to my site as well.

Reading Rentalo's spam compliance policy leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Brooke
Marta Olszewska

Post by Marta Olszewska »

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for that insight about our policies Joanna. As I mentioned once before, I am here to help you and many other property owners to clear up any misconceptions you might have had about Rentalo.com in the past. We respect your opinions and are ready to take action to improve our policies involving our legal statements so that any misinterpretation is avoided in the future. As you may understand, law is a subject of interpretation.

I can assure you Joanna that I would not be here to offer my help and try to clear your doubts if Rentalo.com was not a serious company that works on behalf of its customers` satisfaction.

Answering Ros's question whether there are any happy customers in Rentalo.com: for years we have developed a community of loyal customers, which can be proven by the fact that the majority renews with us every year because they DO get business, even from destination inquiries that are certainly not fake and have provided value to our traveler base.

If you are interested in addressing any other issue, do not hesitate to write to me directly at: marta@rentalo.com or dial my phone number provided below.

Thank you very much for your attention and feedback,

Have a great day,

rentalo.com
by Marta Olszewska
Owner's Community & Marketing Manager
(+1) 305.558.5577 ext 603 Int'l
http://rentalo.com
A-two

Post by A-two »

Marta Olszewska wrote:Good Afternoon, Thank you for that insight about our policies Joanna.
You're welcome Marta. Remind me to check every email I've ever received from Rentalo to make sure I didn't just click delete without opting out. If I didn't opt out, then you definitely get the last laugh, because while I have been rambling on here, you have been selling my personal contact details to your happy and loyal mailing list subscribers who are now pounding me with spam.

Have a great day.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Marta Olszewska wrote:I am here to help you and many other property owners to clear up any misconceptions you might have had about Rentalo.com in the past.
Misconceptions? Or misconceived business practices?
Marta Olszewska wrote:I can assure you Joanna that I would not be here to offer my help and try to clear your doubts if Rentalo.com was not a serious company
As a serious company you will have changed your practices to be in line with European spamming laws - have you?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
debk

Post by debk »

Besides spamming, Rentalo also does this. A LOT.

Posted at Yahoo rental groups this morning:
On 11/26/06, lasvegas_vacationrentals <jacksonchurch@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey guys, I own 2 villas in Las Vegas and have gotten tons of inquiries from a website called www.rentalo.com. I saw them in the USA Today paper. It seems really great and there prices are really inexpensive. I got a deposit for one of my villas already from a lady in San Diego. It seems to work great and thought I would let you know. I've also done some advertising in the L.A times but havent gotten too many responses. Let me know if you know of any other great sites.
One of the very watchful Yahoogroup regulars quickly posted this link, below, about jacksonchurch@hotmail.com... who not only found rentalo in the USA Today, he must have gotten so many inquiries that he joined up himself! Yes, he mentions on his personal page that he works for Rentalo. Pity he didn't mention that in his glowing review.

More on the 2-villa-owning, 30-year-old jacksonchurch here:

http://www.plentyoffish.com/member1441713.htm

just fyi,
debk
paolo

Post by paolo »

They seem to invent a new delighted owner every week over there and they must be really stupid or desperate because they have even been advised on how to create more convincing delighted customers, but they still persist in this way.

The message is louder and clearer than before - this is a company to be avoided.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks Paolo,
must be really stupid or desperate
Now i know why they targeted me then :shock: .....[but Im not as green as Im cabbage looking] :evil:

Marta said
Rentalo DOES NOT send spam emails or make up leads (traveler's inquiries).
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Yes she really really did. say that
..........WELL please read ALL the posts here and decide what you think is right....and if you think she is PLEASE read them again.

Were lucky as we have this great IMPARTIAL Forum[thanks again Paolo] so we are in a position to have all the sides of the story but Im sure a lot of people are sucked into this...
BE WARNED :evil: ........
paolo

Post by paolo »

The above jacksonchurch character, who is apparently Rentalo's marketing manager, goes on to say that although he IS the company's marketing manager he DID see Rentalo in USA Today, which gave him the idea of advertising with them - with great results. Before that it simply hadn't occurred to him to advertise on the site he works for. Gosh, why can't anyone give a guy an even break?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

The above jacksonchurch character, who is apparently Rentalo's marketing manager, goes on to say that although he IS the company's marketing manager he DID see Rentalo in USA Today, which gave him the idea of advertising with them -
Hi Paolo ,
This gets better and better I think we could make a soap opera out of this...or even a West End Show ...no wait its already been done Sapamalot........
But whos going to Play Marta...... :roll:

Without wanting to upset people :(
sometimes Americans can be a bit more gullible than the Brits[not all of course] but I wonder if they take more of this squit in than we do and thats why its survivng as a company......and making a living.... :roll:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Great news! Rentalo.com is currently advertising in the USA TODAY newspaper. This is the US newspaper with the largest circulation in the US (over 2.5 million readers).
Take advantage of this great opportunity and promote your Vacation Rental in Rentalo.com for a low cost! Use link below to register today

Well there you go.....
What an invite I can hardly wait :wink: :roll: ....

{im a bit suprised that they havent got an Ethel Smith or similar patiently waiting to book my houses as soon as I register}

After serious consideration[all right then not very serious :roll: ]

Not On Your Nelly :!: :!: :evil: