booking.com and others

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Nigel Goodwin

booking.com and others

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

That's put me off!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
COYS

Post by COYS »

I'm afraid hell will freeze before I ever get involved in those kind of shenanigans.
You may just as well hand over your keys & wallet.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Mousie
x
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I am not a BC user/subscriber, and this article suggests that I've made the right choice, but there is something niggling about that blog that requires deeper analysis.

Firstly it's a VERY personal viewpoint and there is no balancing info from the other side. Its not an article - its a scathing review.

Secondly, I know of some esteemed owners here on LMH who happily rent through BC, so they cannot be all, totally so bad.

And finally, one must read between the lines, and the author claims to have had numerous fines in the past (many thousands of Euros), which kind of leads me to believe that his behaviour as a host may not be quite what he claims. I am not suggesting any malfeasance, but one has to think a bit........
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
CSE

Post by CSE »

It is just a rant. It goes into all sorts of issues. which are unconnected with his listing in the portal.
Booking is not 100% but in 6 years they have let us down twice and that is because they repeated the same error in that they wanted to take the reservation deposit when we can do it ourselves. The second time was very very annoying.
The customers service for us and our guests is very good.
But then I can find a rant about his lettings too.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g ... Lazio.html
https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowTopi ... Lazio.html
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews105624.html
He/his company are no angels either.
:roll:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

COYS wrote:I'm afraid hell will freeze before I ever get involved in those kind of shenanigans.
+1
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

COYS wrote:I'm afraid hell will freeze before I ever get involved in those kind of shenanigans.
I have had no problems but then I only release last minute weeks. I have one week open for the end of September at the moment and my calendar is closed indefinitely after that so I keep control. I wouldn't normally have that week up but it's a cancellation and I'd like to resell it quickly so I can return the guests deposit.

I'm also very careful that my pricing is correct and that I have the minimum number of nights set to 7 ( or 4 if very last minute).

B.C is working really well for me but you've got to be 100% right on the details - any error and you'll get your fingers burned