Fake listing on "Craigslist"

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Pixiepower

Fake listing on "Craigslist"

Post by Pixiepower »

Not an email scam but I was surprised to the see the photos and details for my property and several others in St Ives on the Craigslist Cardiff website.
They don't seem very sophisticated scammers as they have all the properties on a google map as being located in Cardiff rather than St Ives.
I've obviously asked the website to remove the listing and have informed the other owners.
It has made me decide to do regular web searches for my property details to see if anything odd crops up.
e-richard

Re: Fake listing on "Craigslist"

Post by e-richard »

Pixiepower wrote:It has made me decide to do regular web searches for my property details to see if anything odd crops up.
Its a good idea to also do Google Image searches where you search for similar photos.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
CSE

Post by CSE »

Aslo have a Google news alert set up. Anything that appears in say Youtube etc will show up.
Found our property added via "associates" of Booking.com. So Spammed the responses by stating the guest could reserve directly via our website and added a link.

Example
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.