Strong curry smell throughout cottage

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
joddle

Post by joddle »

Luckily we have only ever had two bad changeovers - and from those we quickly learned that money talks! - i.e. we now take a hefty damage deposit and clearly spell out at the contract stage the sorts of things we will charge extra for. One of the top of the list is removal of rubbish, followed by stains on towels bedding and furniture, food left in fridges or cooking appliances, missing keys and batteries from remotes. If you hold a reasonable sum of their money its surprising how well behaved people are and for the past 5 years we have never had to withhold anything. Of course we do get the occasional minor damage but generally its in the category of general wear and tear and people often replace minor damage such as broken glasses etc. themselves without any prompting.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
SW31

Post by SW31 »

We spoke to HA today about guests. We are still finding cleaning issues. HA said take photos but we had already sorted some problems such as loose toilet seats.

I'm going to be controversial - family were very seriously overweight. Some of the damage was through careless, such as pulling towels off of the heated towel rail so that the towel rail worked loose, some damage was due to the dammed once a day sun tan cream and some damage was due to the excessive weight - the cushions on the sun loungers are quality Bridgeman cushions but having a 30 ish stone person on it every day for almost two weeks is heavy duty wear and tear. I'm very large but I treat my stuff with respect!
CSE

Post by CSE »

we have a good friend who is way overweight. That seems to have in turn affected both hips. Now both replaced, but still pulls on the banister for the steps when ascending/descending. He is gentle man but when he puts his weight on them you can see it flex.
He would never lay or sit on plastic garden furniture no matter how well it is made. He has broken too many in the past. But 190 kg is a lot heaver then our friend. It is a lot of body to hold up even car seats must struggle with a weight like that. Know wonder your furniture suffered.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.