New review rules for AirBnB

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
CSE

New review rules for AirBnB

Post by CSE »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07 ... leave-bad/
Once again the owners have no rights.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

in some instances surely that is a good thing for us as owners as it will remove the really bad properties from the site. Had a couple last year who abandoned a truly horrific property (they showed me the photos they took) & found us last minute, were happy to pay again, but airbnb treated their departure as a cancellation, so unable to leave a review, in addition it took them 15 days to get their money refunded after their pics were examined & that property (which really was appalling) was removed from the site
Bordering

Post by Bordering »

I’d agree with Petitbois. Preventing reviews for unsatisfactory properties is a bit manipulative, and permitting them exposes the facts.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Stay but decide you want to leave. After a while the guest makes a fuss and gives a "fake" bad review too.
One question is; will the guest get their money back if they leave early?
Hope you do not get any of these knocking at your door.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I don't see what the problem is with this. If you are a good owner, providing great accommodation with good reviews then it should be apparently obvious it's a fake review. Personally, if I booked somewhere that turned out to be so bad, and the owner was not prepared to make amends, then yes, absolutely I'd want to leave early and leave a bad review for subsequent guests to be wary of this accommodation. If I was the owner I'd Clarify the situation, if I was at fault and wanted to continue my business I'd want to leave a massive apology and make sure it wouldn't happen again. If I simply couldn't be arsed then it would be my loss with no future bookings.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
CSE

Post by CSE »

Do you read this forum? Have you read how many good owners receive guests who feels they have the right to criticize everything or even make false claims.
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

casasantoestevo wrote:Do you read this forum? Have you read how many good owners receive guests who feels they have the right to criticize everything or even make false claims.
Yes I do, you clearly didn't read my response. Why do you always have to be so antagonistic?

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Sam V +1 Have been on the end of these people too and wonder why they are on this forum.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Sam V wrote:
casasantoestevo wrote:Do you read this forum? Have you read how many good owners receive guests who feels they have the right to criticize everything or even make false claims.
Yes I do, you clearly didn't read my response. Why do you always have to be so antagonistic?
I am not just the other day was posted
common theme these days for guests to give various complaints, whether substantiated or not,
Please remember the rules for this forum
1. Be nice! It is fine to attack an opinion but not the person expressing it. Some forums are spoiled by bickering among its users. Rude posts will be deleted.
When you say we are so antagonistic,. That is a personal attack. The same goes with all of your supporters.
What we doing on this subject is disagreeing with your ideas and what you have not observed. There is a growing number of post about guest troubles that are from the long and more experience members have had. This is a new route that these complaints will come by.
It is puzzling that you took time to add 2 posts on this thread. If you don't like the post, then you do not have to answer. We never forced you, but we do understand it is your prerogative, well until you become personal.

Maybe you should make a note for the future:
We have never called undertaken a personal attack (calling names) on this forum. We have hardy written about our guest, be it good or bad experiences. We have never put our guests into stereo types on this forum. We will certainly help those who request help and where we have experience in. We are direct, there is no need to run about and keep saying please and thank you when it is not needed.
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

So, having formed and posted my own opinion based on having read the link in the original post, is not perhaps the response expected? Surely the purpose of adding a post with a link and comment is done so with the clear intention of instigating a debate formed on the link?

To have therefore commented to the posted link and and then received a response 'Do you read this forum?..', I personally found a derogatory attack on me for merely expressing my own opinion in which I had not stated any bias towards the originator, and so in responding in my defence have been further cited.

Perhaps I am therefore merely to be expected to form an opinion and not respond, regardless of any personal available time I may have in which to do so. But I can, I hope, draw comfort from the warmth of my 'supporter'(s)'.