HA & OD iCal Calander Syncs- did I miss something?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

HA & OD iCal Calander Syncs- did I miss something?

Post by Sam V »

Just this morning I received a deposit for a booking in October so logged into PIMS to do my updates, conf. email, etc.

Those of you not familiar with PIMS, soon as I 'tick' 'Deposit Paid' the next of my tasks pop up to tick off as I action them through the booking process, 'Update Calander' is next so my PIMS calander updates and this in turn will also sync all my listing sites that I've linked to PIMS with iCal. Then, just as a reminder to me all the sites I've listed with will pop up and if I need to manually update the website calander as they don't yet have iCal or if they do 'auto sync' with iCal.

Now, with HA and OD I've always had them as a manual sync and logged into each account and clicked on their little sync button at the top right, which also show when I last synced the calendar.

This morning I was working from my iPhone and the websites opened in such a format that the sync button was not available, but on scrolling down the calander to October I could see the booking (which is a repeat guest direct through me) was already showing booked on the calendar, I logged into HA and OD via my iPad and checked again and clicked on the sync button which stated last synced ## July, so it appears on both sites iCal has now instantly updated my HA/OD calanders but the sync button is/has not been updated to today's date. Still with me?

So, did I miss something with an update on OD/HA iCal sync capabilities, I no longer have to worry about manually updating my OD/HA calanders, or am I/we still expected to regularly press that sync button, a bit like with that button in the TV series 'LOST'?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com