It just goes to show you never can tell....

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Dusty

It just goes to show you never can tell....

Post by Dusty »

We had 2 families staying in one of our gites last week, they had booked back in Feb this year. Our pool is shared between our 2 gites and we make this clear in all advertising but on the 31 July he wrote asking whether the pool was private. I replied saying that the pool was shared between the 2 gites to which he replied "so the pool shared, not private as advertised". I asked him where he got the impression that the pool was exclusively theirs from and he wrote back saying that he had re-read the advert and saw that it was indeed shared, but I must admit that I was worried about the booking as I felt it could be trouble.
In the end they were absolutely delightful and have said that they will book again next year, something they have never done before as 2 families despite sharing holidays for the past 7 years.
It just goes to show that you can never judge what people are like until you get to know them.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

So pleased for you that this turned out well. :D

So lovely to have a good news story as well!
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

When we had two gites sharing the pool it often worked out that everyone was happy. The kids always had someone to play with which took the pressure of Mum and Dad and some groups even organised joint barbeques together.

It doesn't always work out well but great when it does.
farley

Post by farley »

Gosh, I would have worried too!
We have a shared pool and most of the time it works really well, so pleased everything was fine for you and your guests :)