Re: None website bookings

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
rotaman

Re: None website bookings

Post by rotaman »

Hi, I not got a website to advertise my holiday let as the garden not finish as yet 'another couple weeks' I have had a couple booking last and this year, Looking at the memberlist on this forum there more members that not got website like myself and I just wonder how they get bookings, the bookings I had have been from close family and friends, I don't really want to involve letting agency, how are members getting bookings without website or using agency. rotaman
canal boating 'the fastest way to slow down'
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

If you have a good local tourist information office, you should get some enquiries by leaving leaflets there about your property.
However, things have moved on a lot in very recent years, and people booking in and from the UK like to be able to look at photographs and information on a website.

Setting up your own website is really not difficult if you use a website design from Promote My Place (I can give you a discount code) and it is not expensive (about £70 per year).
More than 50%of my bookings and enquiries come from an internet search, so no agent used.

Other than that, I have put occasional posters in shops local to where I live when I have had a gap that I have wanted to fill, but this is all very much like hard work and unreliable.

If you want to be able to claim small business rate relief I don't see how you can do this without either a website or an agent, and that is quite a saving for your costs that you are giving up.
rotaman

Post by rotaman »

That's a good help to me Zebedee, might just go for the website as my let is nearly ready now and good to go.
canal boating 'the fastest way to slow down'
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Another vote for PMP - very easy to set up & looks professional.
JanB

Post by JanB »

I also recommend Promote my Place - see my new website under separate topic.

After years of using sn expensive company to do my websites, I could not be more pleased with PMP.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!