hholidayrentals.co.uk

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
KathyG

hholidayrentals.co.uk

Post by KathyG »

hholidayrentals.co.uk have lifted details of my house and are advertising them on their site. Tried to contact them by email - clicking on their 'I am not a robot' captcha gives me 'According to Google you're a robot'. :roll: Their phone number is not recognised, is there anything else I can/should do?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

According to their site they're an Expedia partner. Given how dodgy the whole site looks, it might be worth contacting Expedia to check?
The registrant for the website domain is:

Name:Holidays India
Address:81 Oxford St
London
London
W1D 2EU
United Kingdom

I have no idea why, but that doesn’t leave me bursting with confidence...
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

This site has the look of a total scam to me. I can't think of any owner in his right mind choosing to list on it. Where have they lifted your details from, Kathy?
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

greenbarn wrote:According to their site they're an Expedia partner.
The registrant for the website domain is:

Name:Holidays India
Address:81 Oxford St
London
London
W1D 2EU
United Kingdom
Good detective work GB! I didn't get that far.....and I can't find any other contact details for them either.
AndrewH wrote:Where have they lifted your details from, Kathy?
No idea Andrew, pretty much what I've written on various sites. But I do have a boat dock and a dart board apparently. :lol: Price is only £850 all year round when in reality it ranges from £850-£7500. But I've tried sending an enquiry and because of their captcha problem it didn't go through anyway so I doubt they'll ever get me any enquiries.
:roll:
Kathy
JanB

Post by JanB »

Some time ago, a similar company calling themselves hholidaylettings.co.uk had the same MO.

I was not able to get my three properties removed.

A word of warning, you might well get shat appears to be an enquiry through their "site" and it goes without saying, do not reply, however genuine it sounds.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Thank Jan!
Kathy
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

We also got caught by hholidaylettings.co.uk and I suspect this is the same bunch. That site has gone (thank goodness) and I don't think we're on this latest incarnation, although it may just be a matter of time. I didn't worry too much as they never showed up in any of my test searches in Google, etc.

Apparently their cheapest listing package is £149 and they promise you 25 times the return of your advertising cost. Call me cynical, but if it sounds too good to be true...
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth