Expedia CEO on the move

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Ele

Expedia CEO on the move

Post by Ele »

It seems Dara Khosrowshahi is moving to Uber. Fingers crossed for positive change at HomeAway (anyone know where to submit the CV?) :wink:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 169f95c831
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

Don't hold your breath. Expedia still have to recoup their $3.9 billion buyout of HA/OD in 2015.
The best things in life are free
COYS

Post by COYS »

No more cut price cabs then.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

COYS wrote:No more cut price cabs then.
Not so sure that will be so - I would imagine taking more and more money from their 'inventory', aka, the poor cab driver. Or do you think, there will now be something akin to a booking fee?
sparkJS

Post by sparkJS »

Giraffe wrote:Don't hold your breath. Expedia still have to recoup their $3.9 billion buyout of HA/OD in 2015.
I might be mistaken as do not know the facts but if they bought HA/OD for $3.9bn they do not have to 'recoup' that much money but have to see a 'return' on it.
MG
COYS

Post by COYS »

FelicityA wrote:
COYS wrote:No more cut price cabs then.
Not so sure that will be so - I would imagine taking more and more money from their 'inventory', aka, the poor cab driver. Or do you think, there will now be something akin to a booking fee?
Maybe. But Dara will do what Dara does i.e milk it for all it's worth from both ends. Gotta justify that mega salary somehow.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.