Must guests be registered with local police in Italy?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Lets Go To Puglia

Must guests be registered with local police in Italy?

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

I have read elsewhere the requirement to register guests with local police or Caribinieri. Is this still a legal requirement? For all guests? Or only those from outside the EU?

Reporting presence for short stays (<3 months) – Italy EU citizens and their family members do not need to report their presence for the first 3 months after arriving in Italy.
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
pambon

Post by pambon »

Yes indeed. ALL guests whether paying guests, friends and/or family must be registered.
To do this you will have to contact your local Commissariato di P.S who will give you the details of how to register online for this.
BTW this registration also applies to any guests you welcome to your own personal home who are not on your Stato di Famiglia certificate registered with your Comune.
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

pambon wrote:Yes indeed. ALL guests whether paying guests, friends and/or family must be registered.
To do this you will have to contact your local Commissariato di P.S who will give you the details of how to register online for this.
BTW this registration also applies to any guests you welcome to your own personal home who are not on your Stato di Famiglia certificate registered with your Comune.
I wonder how many actually do - and how does this square with the right to stay for 3 months without becoming resident?
pambon

Post by pambon »

Up to date info is available here: www.lacasacheavanza.it
Sorry, I don't know how to post the link&#9786;&#65039;