Hot tub experiences?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Kilm

Hot tub experiences?

Post by Kilm »

I'm currently in the village where our HL will be, and having touched base with a couple of management firms, they're all saying the same thing - hot tubs are a must and will quickly bump my booking rate up.

I've got the space, but the wife is dead set against the idea. Neither of us can really see the point of them. I conceded however that a quick look through the area shows most of the most popular premises have hot tubs and two are identical, but only one has a tub, it's full most of the time whereas the one without is not... We're a mountain village with ski seasons and apparently it's quite sought after.

I did a search, last HT posts on here were 2014 I think. Anyone got any fresh experiences with HFs and who did you use?

The changeover firm will manage all aspects of the hot tub for us. I'm coming round to the idea, but it's the wife I've got to convince!
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Try this more recent thread. There are a number of links on it which should be helpful (hope I get this right)

http://www.laymyhat.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=spa+pool
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Where's your property? If others have similar, you may just have to have one to get the bookings in, provided it will be properly maintained.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Where are you and how many do you sleep? You'll find it a huge help in bookings in a ski resort. People love them and to many it's the high point of the holiday. Especially these days when snow isn't as reliable as it might be. Expensive but pay for themselves in quite short order. Maintenance, servicing and proper records are a must - check exactly what the management company will do, because any problems with the tub will come home to you.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Kilm

Post by Kilm »

Thanks again folks.

I've met all the relevant companies today in the village, and I've selected a marketing agency for all bookings, etc, and a changeover agency to deal with everything else in between. They also sell and manage hot tub maintenance in full, with three site visits, chemical tests and adjustments a week. Speaking to another owner, their HT went on the blink after two years and the agency had a spare part fitted within 30 minutes.

I guess it's just something you've got to take the plunge on!

Ha... see what I did there? :)

Thanks again for all the advice!