Bedandbreakfast.eu

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Tournesol

Bedandbreakfast.eu

Post by Tournesol »

We are listed on this site without our permission and it appears you can book direct. They have lifted our photos and description from B.com. They say they are the largest b & B booking site in the world!
It invites you to list your property but we haven't...
Has anyone else had dealings with them?
What you've never had you never miss!
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

This is worrying. Following your tip I checked and sure enough my B&B is on their site lifted completly from B.C including asking for credit card détails. Am I likely to have people turning up who have given their card détails and expect to stay? What can be done?
Honi soit qui peu y boit
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Just phoned B.C and Bedandbreakfast.eu are affiliated with B.C so all is above board apparently. It is aimed at bringing in more bookings in competition with ABB.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

In England we have a national police fraud line where you can report frauds like this. Do you have a similar one in France?
The best things in life are free
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Bedandbreakfast.eu is one of BC's many affiliates, so if you're signed up with BC, you're automatically listed free of charge on this site. I *think* any bookings coming directly from bedandbreakfast.eu comes through your BC dashboard, so you probably won't ever know it's not a 100% BC booking.
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

My comment overlapped with oasiscouple. Obviously not a fraud, but one to help you get more bookings. I've just had a booking from a French site affiliated with HA/OD - all the communications came through my OD listing.
The best things in life are free
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

you'll also find you are on cybevasion, & a few others - all bookings will look like bdotcom though - think that is why only approx 1in5 guests leave reviews
Tournesol

Bedandbreakfast.eu

Post by Tournesol »

Thanks all who answered, yes we are on cybevasion too. On that the url comes up as B.com anyway.
What you've never had you never miss!