Any experience with these agencies?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Mike&Chrissy

Any experience with these agencies?

Post by Mike&Chrissy »

Hi,
We've been running for a year on the South Coast and started with Sykes. We've given them notice and are considering two regional agencies
Mulberry Cottages
Amberley House Cottages
Does anyone have any feedback on either of these? We're not ready yet to take on our own bookings.
Thanks
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Hi Mike and Chrissy

My cottage is in Steyning.

I advertised with Ambereley House Cottages during my first 2 years (2011-2013)

They were exceedingly helpful to me and if any guest had any complaint of any sort they were excellent at responding to it. I didn't have to do anything.

They offered total flexibility allowing me to book myself in at any time and advertise independently (although they then charge a slightly higher rate for bookings taken through them)

On a more negative note I found that once I started to advertise independently (with my own website and on many listing sites) I got more bookings. I had 29 weeks in my second year with Amberley Cottages but since advertising independently have averaged 39. I have also increased my prices.

Perhaps you could advertise with both agencies for a while?

Jenny
delilah

Post by delilah »

Hi Rosebud
Which listing sites are you on, and how are you finding them?
whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't....you're right
www.anchoragemewsmersea.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/AnchorageMewsHo ... age?ref=hl
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Hi Delilah
Since April this year:

My site 49% (11% of those found me on OD)
HA: 26%
TA 6%
Cottage Guide 6%
AB 3%
booking.com 3% (no longer with them)

On a few others .. but no bookings through them

What about you?
delilah

Post by delilah »

Hi Rosebud

I haven't broken it down. But just a few through my own website (having a new one created in wordpress with optimisation built in...if i continue to do this)
Very dependant on OD for all the rest though, as didn't sign up with any others (who all seem to be as bad as each other now).

This has worked very well for the last 5 years, with a good number of bookings and several who return up to 7 times.

Having a long hard think about it now though. May put it out for long term rental for a few years. Have storage on site. Also looking into cottages.com though.
whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't....you're right
www.anchoragemewsmersea.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/AnchorageMewsHo ... age?ref=hl