Somewhere to stay (or swap) near Perigueux?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Emmy

Somewhere to stay (or swap) near Perigueux?

Post by Emmy »

I'm looking for somewhere to stay near Perigueux from 19/20th - 23rd November:

We live about 1 hour 40 minutes from Perigueux, in the countryside of South Charente. I have to attend the SPI Chambre de Metiers course at 24660 COULOUNIEIX CHAMIERS from the 20th-23rd November. From what I've heard, I'm expecting 4 very long and tedious days and I've had to pay €360 for this, but it means I can once more become a designer-maker.

I wondered if any of you had something available reasonably close to there, please? And not terribly expensive... It doesn't have to be on the doorstep, just much closer than my home. I'd either be:
1) Alone, looking for small gite or B&B. I'd need a bedroom and private bathroom and small kitchen for preparing food so I don't need to eat out because of the cost. More than happy to bring my own bedding/towels etc to save on laundry costs.
2) Alternatively, my husband might come along as well, if we can find house-sitters for a few days, but in this case we'd have one dog with us too, and would probably need more space/a small gite instead of just a B&B.

There is one final option - does anyone fancy a house swap for those dates?! I don't imagine we're far enough away for that to be a tempting offer, but you never know... In that case, we'd leave our independent cat here but would need to take two dogs with us.

Any suggestions appreciated - a 3+ hour round trip each way in November does not appeal and is probably not cost effective either.
farley

Post by farley »

Hi Emmy
I think my neighbour is doing this course 'on line'. I wonder if this option is available to you? Maybe it's worth checking.
Good luck with your business venture
Emmy

Post by Emmy »

Hello... Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry this is a rather late acknowledgement. I'm taking the course in Perigueux because they run it in English there, and I thought I may as well understand it, if I have to attend! I did try hard to find an online version, but was unsuccessful, so I'm not sure which your neighbour completed. I've paid my €360 now, though, so am committed!
farley

Post by farley »

Hi Emmy
Have since talked with my neighbour and his online course is available to Deux Sevres residents only. Obviously no use to you sorry:(