Website doesn't appear in google search?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Rich&Lisa Roman

Website doesn't appear in google search?

Post by Rich&Lisa Roman »

Good morning, we have recently gone alone in managing our holiday cottage.

I have created a website an this is now active, however it does not appear on the google search engine. Any ideas?

www.romancottagecolerne.co.uk

I would welcome your feedback on its content.

Thank you

Rich
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

It takes a lot of hard work and persistence to get a website to appear in Google Search. You need to research keywords, work out what are best for you, post content on a regular basis and just keep on working at it! There is no easy solution. Lots of "companies" will offer you SEO (search engine optimisation) placement but few deliver. I have yet to find one who will. Facebook, Twitter presence linked to your website will help ... refreshing your site as often as you can, everybody is fighting to get on page 1 and not many manage it. Good luck
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
Rich&Lisa Roman

Post by Rich&Lisa Roman »

Thank you Debbie.

This is a steep learning curve for us. We initially advertised our cottage through an agent, although this didn't work out for us.

Now trying the independent route.

Fingers crossed

Lisa & Rich
We live in our own renovated cottage and feel others should share this experience.

Website - www.romancottagecolerne.co.uk
JP

Post by JP »

It's not as easy as just having a website, it reportedly costs OD £5m a year to keep at the top of the google searches. Get yourself on some of the many book direct with the owner Facebook groups and get your name out there with you website address. It's not easy and can take a lot of time everyday advertising, answering questions and looking at people's requests but it does work.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

It used to be the case that you had to submit your new website to the search engines, but I understand that’s no longer necessary (calling on any experts to correct me here!).
However, it’s likely to be a week or more before your website URL will be known to Google and returned in a search.
Getting your website to be found based on keywords is a different matter entirely, and all the talk of SEO comes into play.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Have you looked at pages 2, 3, and 4 of the search results? We are on page 4 for most searches. Still being found though. A Google my business/Google maps listing will help - the map comes up on page one for searches like 'holiday let [your area]' so useful to be on it.
COYS

Post by COYS »

Jenster wrote:Have you looked at pages 2, 3, and 4 of the search results? We are on page 4 for most searches. Still being found though. A Google my business/Google maps listing will help - the map comes up on page one for searches like 'holiday let [your area]' so useful to be on it.
+1
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.