The return of the phone no.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
COYS

The return of the phone no.

Post by COYS »

Did I miss something? It's been a long time since an actual OD enquiry landed in my inbox, but *ping* there it was, someone had found me in the deep, dark recesses of the HA netherworld. I replied from my mail app rather than the dreaded dashboard and did a double take after seeing "Holidaymaker phone" with the mobile number displayed large as life along with name, dates etc.
It's a basic sub listing without OLB etc.
An error, a trial or a u-turn?
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

It's just happened to me COYS. I'm on top rate subscription with no OLB. A while ago the visitor details had disappeared from enquiries. Lo and behold, telephone and email are now back. Same as you though, hardly a whisper from OD in the last 6 months. Very different from last year.
The best things in life are free
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

As today is the 20th, perhaps this is linked to the 'erroneous' email they sent out last week telling the rest of us on subscription that we'd be de-listed by the 20th if we didn't remove our telephone numbers, contact details etc.

They back-tracked in 24h, and now they've gone back to those of us on subscription being given the contact details of potential guests again?
COYS

Post by COYS »

Perhaps they've seen the light :shock:
Maybe realised that they can't bully everybody into line :shock:
Or more likely just making it up as they go along.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Or the new apprentice has made a mistake that hasn't been noticed yet!! :D :D :D
Igor

Post by Igor »

zebedee wrote:Or the new apprentice has made a mistake that hasn't been noticed yet!! :D :D :D
I think more likely that a rogue programmer or two is on the software development contract team in Indore. We've seen data spillage before and it seems to be happening in different ways now. One of the HA brand websites even includes owner email addresses but I won't say how or where because they are probably reading this.
Igor lives in Fort StaySavr, a secret location high in the mountains
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Igor wrote:
zebedee wrote:Or the new apprentice has made a mistake that hasn't been noticed yet!! :D :D :D
We've seen data spillage before and it seems to be happening in different ways now.
I was surprised to notice that too in a particular instance. It could be the apprentice or could be deliberate, I don't know which.
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

I've actually been seeing guest email address on enquiries from both HA and Owners Direct for some time now ... long may it continue!

Having said that virtually all the enquiries that turned into bookings paid through HA / OD even though we offered them a better price to pay direct. Seems like Guests are happy to pay the service charge
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!