Holiday Lettings withholding payment...

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
bobbie diamonds

Holiday Lettings withholding payment...

Post by bobbie diamonds »

Anyone else experience Holiday Lettings withholding payment until my guest tells them they're at my property, just because I've taken my property off their website? What if the guest forgets and cant be bothered to get back to them?
Is it me or are Holiday Lettings very awkward towards the host?
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

I suppose that it might be assumed that, if the property's no longer on the website, that it's no longer 'available' , for whatever reason?

If , when the renter arrives, there's no property for them to stay in, their money will be 'protected', one assumes.

If I were about to stay at your property, and it was no longer on the site I'd booked through, I might be concerned?

Can you contact your prospective renters to let them know why it's no longer visible, and reassure them?... it doesn't alter HL's refusal to pay until they arrive....but I can understand why they're doing it...
bobbie diamonds

Post by bobbie diamonds »

I'll talk to them when they arrive. It's just a bit awkward to ask them to remember to contact HL in order get my money.