Anyone changng from Catalan bank?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
joddle

Anyone changng from Catalan bank?

Post by joddle »

In our town, due to the uncertainty surrounding the proposed declaration of independence, many people are panic swapping their bank accounts - mainly from Sabadell to non Catalan banks fearing their accounts may get frozen in the impending troubles.
Anyone else doing this? And what's the likelihood of there being a real banking issue?

Since writing this I have learned that Sabadell going to move their head office away from Barcelona to Alicante - seems they at least don't want to lose more clients - and their share price has been hit badly in the last week due to the issues there!
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
joddle

Post by joddle »

My own bank has now moved its HQ from Barcelona to Alicante which I believe is a show of how worried they at about people pulling their money out. It is reported that over 1500 companies have also pulled out of the region, I think this is all going to impact on holidays to the region so I for one am glad we are away from that at the moment.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
CSE

Post by CSE »

That change is only in name/postal address. The HQ building with staff is still located in the same place.
All banks will have investments in Catalunya. So I doubt if there is going to be any escaping the consequence of this declaration.
Changing the note slightly, personally surprised that those few members of this forum who are based in the area have remained silent on this subject.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Voice from the silence!!
I seem to recall being told, "no religion- no politicts"in LMH. I am a Scot who wants to be European but can't because of Brexit. I live in Catalunya and while I am happy to see the Catalans free, they are probably a minority in their own land. But the way they went about it was either dishonest or just plain stupid. Whatever the outcome it is a lose-lose situation. And as we are in a hol-rent forum the pertinent question is how it will affect owners for the summer of 2018. Coming hard on the heels of the "don't want tourists" demonstrations I can only see it as negative.
From a personal perspective, approaching 70 years of age, my wife and I are clueless as to what the future holds. Will we be stateless? My daughter lives near Barcelona and works for an American company with offices in the city centre. She has two boys born here. She is in exactly the same position as her mum and dad.
Let's hope the elections go ahead and a government (regardless of who they are) is put in place in December and an end is brought as quickly as possible.
But also as a Scot I have to quote from Rabbie Burns. "Would goodness but the giftie gi'e us to see oursel's as others see us, it would frae many a blunder free us and foolish notion."
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

PS.
Just after writing the above reply I checked the news again.
Fudgemont has run off to Brussels!
Best to fight and run away,
Live to fight another day!
CSE

Post by CSE »

Did not see anything about the NOs you write about. We can talk about anything just keep it respectful. We feel it must be a worrying time for you on that side of the peninsular.
Just hope it all resolves this it's self quick and peacefully .
It is going to affect obviously the area and maybe the rest of Spain.

CSE

Post by CSE »

Loads on Twitttterlike this one: