Patience pays off

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
COYS

Patience pays off

Post by COYS »

Some good news for a change.
Well they may be rarer than hens teeth, but I've had a few (albeit tentative) enquiries via a start up listing with The Holiday Let over the past couple of years. And then, only yesterday after exchanging a couple of uncensored informational emails with an enquirer, a genuine, real life booking!
I'm not naive enough to think that the floodgates will now open but one is better than none & shows me that some folk are genuinely looking (& booking) at alternative listing sites outside of the monopolies. All of the alternatives will need time & support but hats off to them for sticking at it. And hats off to me for playing the long game - I am genuinely surprised at how cheerful a single avant-garde booking has made me this morning!
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

It would be great if guests are getting a bit savvy and looking for non booking fee sites. Fingers crossed.
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

Weird, after being on there for about a year now, I got my first enquiry (which resulted in a booking) just a few days ago!

My stats every month do show that people are viewing my page and clicking on my website link, but its always nice to get that enquiry/booking proving that there are genuine people booking holidays through the site.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Well done COYS and ManxRed1! I've been with them for 7 years and nothing so far..... :roll:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
OSINCLAIR

Post by OSINCLAIR »

This must be a trend, we also got our first TWO independant inquiries from people seeking us out and finding our (badly maintained - must try harder) Facebook page.