Multi-coloured 'dots' on my sheets

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
GillianF

Multi-coloured 'dots' on my sheets

Post by GillianF »

I've got a new laundry problem.

A cream sheet with no stains went into the wash. It came out and went on the line to dry. When I was ironing it I noticed a patch (quite big and in the middle of the width) of colourful little dots. If you imagine hundreds and thousands scattered on top of white icing which are just beginning to melt in heat you'll get the idea. I soaked the sheet and applied Vanish. Another wash and it was fine.

Next week the 'other' cream sheet went into the wash and out on the line to dry. When I went to get it in a bird had left a big poo on it with a surrounding brown stain. After a bit of swearing I took it in and soaked it in some washing powder and Vanish. Back into the washing machine and out on to the line. I've just got it back in and started ironing and, guess what, little multi-coloured dots in a patch in the middle of the width.

I'm adamant these stains were not there before.

Any ideas???
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Can't say for certain GillianF but we get the same problem from time to time and are convinced it's fly poo or eggs. Not much you can do about it except re-wash and pour yourself a drink
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Birds eating berries? The seeds don't get digested.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Leprechauns.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

e-richard wrote:Leprechauns.
And have they moved to the Dordogne now, Richard? They're surely mobile little devils, aren't they?

M
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

They haven't moved Mols. They just pop in for a bit of mischief and then vanish (sic).
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Multi-coloured fly poo/eggs? Interesting.

Undigested berries? Could be.

Leprachauns .............. I rather like that idea. I will keep an eye out for them (it might explain why the dog barks in the early hours of the morning) and if I catch the little rascals I'll give them a piece of my mind!
Emmy

Post by Emmy »

It wasn't a poorly-dissolved washing powder capsule? That sometimes happens to me!
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I get the undissolved tablet sometimes and have noticed it on dark washes but I've been using liquid recently.