Guest stayed in wrong house!!!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
shamac

Guest stayed in wrong house!!!

Post by shamac »

:shock: You really couldn't make it up! Had a guest this week that I have had quite a few texts from due to the bad weather. She texted on Friday asking if we had a shovel she could borrow to dig her car out. Sent my caretaker (who lives along the street) along with said shovel, he phoned me from the house and to say there was no car there and had the guests decided to go early? I texted her and said, glad you got yourself out, safe journey home. Was surprised to get a text back saying, "still awaiting shovel"! My caretaker then noticed people staying 2 doors up from us trying to dig out their car with a dustpan, asked if they needed help, to be told, they are "awaiting a shovel" :shock: They have stayed all week in another cottage, it is similar to ours to be fair . On discussion, the access code to this house is one number different to ours, theirs is a 9 where ours is a 0! She said she thought it "looked a bit different to the pictures" Yeah that's cos it's a different house!! I don't know the people who own the house but we share a local cleaner, guess I need to be giving them a share of the rent :D
The harder you work, the luckier you get.
Marks

Post by Marks »

:shock: :shock:
Never had that but had guests trying the key safe at the apartment next door then phone me, usually late at night, to say the code is wrong :roll:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Fleur

Wrong cottage

Post by Fleur »

This beats the lot! Good grief, what are the chances of this happening?
Yes I am sure the other owner would appreciate a donation. Perhaps you can make contact and in the future you might be able to pass customer enquiries to and fro if one or other of you is fully booked
Fleur
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Oh my God! :shock:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Circé

Post by Circé »

WHAAATT? That is I don't know what!!!!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Priceless!! :lol: :lol:
Afrique

Post by Afrique »

I have done it myself I’m sorry to say. I booked a long weekend in Durban and drove down after work arriving at 1 am. I went to the petrol garage, as per instruction, and asked for the keys for (insert surname here) and he said he didn’t have keys for me for but for another surname. I told him it must be a mistake as the surname started with the same letter, so he gave them to me and off we went. I was a surprised as the apartment wasn’t clean,beds not made etc, but we were tired and had small children, so made up beds, piled up the existing dirty linen etc and went to bed. We spent a lovely weekend there and on Monday morning, as per instruction, went into town to hand the keys and pay the balance at the agency. The lady looked perplexed at who we were, it turned out the owner hadn’t left keys for us, as she had forgotten all about our booking and the keys were for an estate agent who was supposed to be holding a show house that weekend! The estate agent had been ill so never showed for the keys. We only had to pay one night of the three as they said ‘we didn’t know you were there and it hadn’t been serviced’. I still laugh at the thought of her walking through the apartment with potential buyers while we lay in bed!
MiniMum

Post by MiniMum »

Wow! What are the chances!!

A few years back, my friend's mother got into her Morris Traveller after a night out and drove home. Next morning, she looked out the window and noticed it was a different colour. Drove it back to where it was parked and saw her car still sitting there. Switched cars and hoped no one was the wiser.

In those days, car keys were remarkably similar. Perhaps nowadays, access codes are much the same....
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Mousie
x
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Amazing!
waterwitch

Post by waterwitch »

The worst (so far) was I have a family turn up for the wrong week! We only found out after they had been in 6 nights! House hadn't even been changed over - You'd have thought she would have at least been in touch to mention that.