Number of weeks booked in 1st year of letting your property

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.

1 - 10 weeks
17%
11 - 20 weeks
52%
21 - 30 weeks
30%

Total votes: 23

claire

Post by claire »

hi everyone, just wondered what the stats would be like?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

So many variables Claire: when did you start to market the property, do you have a personal website, how many listing sites you use, how good the content is, how good the photos are - 8) - and last, but not least, how quickly and well you handle rental inquiries.

It also depends on what and where the property is. We did very well in our first year, and were lucky this year with even more weeks booked, but precise figures are meaningless unless one's comparing like for like really.

I think!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
A-two

Post by A-two »

I agree with GG, too many variables, another one being rates. If you price attractively, you could have a busy first year, but if you get it wrong, you could sit there without a single booking. If you don't have a good 6 months lead time to advertise your first availability, price is likely to be a major factor for most last minute bargain hunters. Also, some places are seasonal, so an excellent year for you may not be a good year for me and visa versa.

Good Luck!