HL/TA

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Marks

HL/TA

Post by Marks »

Just had an enquiry through with a savvy guest giving me her email address written like this:

e
m
a
i
l

a
t

l
i
v
e
c
o
m
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Very good :wink:
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

I made an enquiry, using the number technique someone else had mentioned, which got through...I also found the villa through their own website.

They replied via OD (and their own website), but I didn't receive anything from OD...I did, however get this yesterday...

Owners Direct
Our Family of Brands
Don't miss out on this preperty!

Are you still interested? Your dates are available!
Book this property before someone else does!

Property #Reservation ID HA-V
Dates
Jan 2-
6, 2018, 4 nights
Guests
2 adults, 0 children
Owner name

Dear Z

The owner/manager sent you a payment request so you could book this property. If you are still interested, then you can make a payment for the amount of £ xxx today to confirm this booking. If you have already made arrangements to make payment, please disregard this notice.
You can use the button below to submit a payment. We recommend you contact the owner/manager for assistance and to confirm they have received your payment.
This is an automated message

Which payment request would that be?...silly me, I sent it back asking this...to get a very confused reply from the owner, with whom we have agreed a price, without the SC, via their website....I can't even correct OD's spelling (preperty :shock: )
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Lol,
I tried that number technique on Ebay recently and got an immediate block on sending any messages for 7 days. They are getting smarter!