Risk Assessments.

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
annedab

Post by annedab »

+ 1 from me too.
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
pambon

Post by pambon »

And seeing the present state of the world we should not forget WW3&#128563;
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Great posts COYS, thank you! :lol: :lol:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
lorca

Post by lorca »

Easiest to just avoid renting to postmen...
If not now, when?
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

With my professional hat on (in a previous life I was a member of The Institute of Risk Management) - COYS is right, you have to be sensible or the whole issue will become unmanageable. Also, risk can never be eliminated, but should be reduced to an acceptable level. We don't run nuclear establishments so it doesn't have to be rocket science, it just needs an sensible level of judgement.

All our properties are different and will have different risks. I go through each room plus the grounds to establish whether there is a potential risk to either people, pets or the property itself. Herewith a VERY SIMPLE guide to risk assessment:

.identify each risk or an event which may occur
.identify how likely it is to occur - High, Medium or Low
.identify the potential impact
.identify the scale of the impact - High, Medium or Low
.put measures in place either to reduce the risk and/or the impact

You will soon see which risks you need to concentrate on, starting with those that are HH.

The government publishes E&W easy to follow guidance and a template for health and safety risk assessment. If you are still unsure, local fire brigades are often helpful with free advice
The best things in life are free
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

We've had to be closed for four years due to a catastrophic hailstorm wrecking our roofs and a legal case against the non-paying insurance company still being fought - another story there!

However, reading this thread I just wonder if we will have the will or confidence to ever open up again for fear of not identifying 'risks' properly. The whole thing seems to be a minefield and the current climate is that no-one is responsible for their own safety by applying common sense, being aware, being careful etc. etc. Everything has to be someone else's fault - and made to pay.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Some of you do not have properties in the UK- we have already stated that, Of cause you could Blame the EU for not give you a level playing field. If you knew the country your property is based in you would understand that issue,
Again from the UK read this written by the TUC. https://worksmart.org.uk/health-advice/ ... assessment

The affects of no assessments?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
teapot

Post by teapot »

GillianF wrote: However, reading this thread I just wonder if we will have the will or confidence to ever open up again for fear of not identifying 'risks' properly. The whole thing seems to be a minefield and the current climate is that no-one is responsible for their own safety by applying common sense, being aware, being careful etc. etc. Everything has to be someone else's fault - and made to pay.
Let's blame the USA for that :lol: Ambulance chasing lawyers.
Remember people, lot's of people holiday to India.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world