We sleep 6 plus babies in cots

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

We sleep 6 plus babies in cots

Post by Sam V »

Enquiry relying some maths on numbers. Would you accept this based on your three bed villa sleeping 6 plus babies in cots (on average 2 cots max?

Hello,

‘So we are 4 adults, twins that are almost 3, toddler who is 4 and another set of twins under 2.
Like I said - ha haaaa lots of kids �.
The older set of twins - don’t need a bed or a bedroom - we have special blow up air mattresses that we carry with us and they sleep on those in the parents bedroom itself. And the other family will use the 2 bedrooms for their toddler and two babies.
We have stayed at the complex before on our own and have stayed in the area a few times now and love it there.
Regards
M
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
COYS

Post by COYS »

Easy one.
No.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

I would agree and so NO. We have had similar, we can fir 2 kids in each bed head to tail requests. I can only imagine the additional wear and tear a larger group like this will bring.

Can you fill the dates easily? if not then you could risk it but is it the sort of booking you really want?
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

That's a lot of highchairs around the breakfast table! :lol: :lol:
russellt

Post by russellt »

Hmmm! My initial reaction is NO. And I probably wouldn't accept similar for my property.

However....... I get the sense from the wording of your question("on average 2 cots max") that you want to be persuaded YES. So, here goes.

I guess in strict number terms, it is only one toddler over maximum occupancy. That's bearable, maybe.

The real question for me is whether this is an outdoor holiday, or will they all be spending lots of time indoors. If the latter, then the Mr Bean sketch(where he explodes a pot of paint in his living room) comes to mind.

It sounds like you are in direct contact with them(yaaay! Book Direct!) So, perhaps, if you are inclined to accept the booking, you read them the Riot Act on damage, etc, and jointly agree to bump up the security deposit. That will focus their minds(the adults, I mean :wink: )

Good luck!
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

My reaction is NO. The twins under 2 are not babies, which means 9 bodies walking/running around your villa at any one time, 5 of them under 5 years of age. This booking would not be for me.
The best things in life are free
COYS

Post by COYS »

Aside from the points already raised (50 sticky fingers - no thanks) & I don’t know your location Sam V but if you have neighbouring or nearby property, have you given them due consideration? Over occupation, be it kids or adults always leads to increased noise or disturbance & may well impact on others, regardless of your own increased wear & tear.
Regulations always differ but we have a heads per beds limitation on our rental license which can be restrictive, but I still agree with it in principle as it levels the playing field for differing property. Bigger groups should be renting suitable bigger properties or multiple units not trying to cram in on the cheap. I remember this being a huge bone of contention for the hotel & studio sector that spent years lobbying against licensed private rentals in Greece. The heads/beds limit was for me a sensible compromise, others in our locality feel it is ‘optional’ & ignore it, sometimes leading to ill feeling when it all goes t*ts up.
Insurance should also be considererd, are you still fully covered should anything untoward occur when over occupied? I know that we have specific clauses on tenancy levels.
Personally I think we should all have an occupation limit & stick to it. Covert over occupation is problematic enough without us encouraging it.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
vacancesthezan

Re: We sleep 6 plus babies in cots

Post by vacancesthezan »

Sam V wrote:Enquiry relying some maths on numbers. Would you accept this based on your three bed villa sleeping 6 plus babies in cots (on average 2 cots max?

Hello,

twins that are almost 3, toddler who is 4
M
Toddlers are not 4! They are school age.

Twins who are 3 (almost!) are 2 children and certainly not babies.

Depends how much you need the money/booking. Do you have extra charges for over occupancy?

Over occupancy is yours to offer and not theirs to take! We dont like people who try it on like this on principle. Maybe yes but with extra costs for the extra people (adults and children).

Babies to us are under 2 and can sleep in a cot. Anything over this age are children and therefore added to the total.

Be hard nosed and decide whether you want over occupancy or not! AND at what price
africanpenguin

Post by africanpenguin »

My first thought was that it is not an unreasonable request: it is only 1 over usual occupancy and small children don't need beds.

My second thought was: why aren't they returning to the previous property on the complex that they stayed at?