New minimalist website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
russellt

Post by russellt »

dwtmill wrote:
I couldn't replicate the problem exactly
I have emailed you a screenshot, so at least you know what some visitors will see. As I say, no big deal, but not as you'd expect.

HVD: Nice listing. As you add more images to your social media posts, your HVD listing will populate with more images rather than text links. Look at some of the other listings to see examples. Eg, use ShortCircuit to search for 'Klarici' or 'Keep Cottage'. Good examples.
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

dwtmill wrote:Newtimber.

My maximum broadband speed is 3 Mb/s but I normally get around 1.5 Mb/s. I haven't experienced any download issues even with very large sites.
I tried it on Safari and Firefox and nothing loads until it's all downloaded. On Chrome, it loads better but then the picture loads last on top of what it's already loaded.

Do you clear your browser cache before you test?
teapot

Post by teapot »

Something wrong with the accommodation tab? Click and I get the main picture back having briefly seen the accommodation page.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Where is it? I want to see a map. Very easy to put a Google map somewhere.

For example, it says easy access to Gower's beaches etc. But what does that mean? 30 mins by car? Or 5 minutes walk to wonderful beach?

I like the 'key features', and I would not repeat these in the main text.

I would not start the main text with a long discussion about verification.

What does 'beds made on changeover day' mean? Does it mean that guests will not have the benefit of dirty laundry from previous guests?

There seems to be a lot of space used up at the bottom of the home page, it makes it look messy.