Tripz

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
sergio

Tripz

Post by sergio »

Anyone have any details/info or who owns this subscription site?
AndrewH

Tripz

Post by AndrewH »

Your question interested me, but I cannot find out who actually owns this site. One way is to look at the terms and conditions to see whom one is contracting with. However that drew a blank because the other party was called "Tripz.com" with no registered office address. I know of no jurisdiction where a URL on its own is regarded as a legal entity. They are based in Delaware, but the contract (if you could call it that) is written subject to the laws of Arizona. Perhaps Arizona does things differently.

I detect a cloak of deliberate secrecy surrounding the ownership of this website. I read a message there which was mysteriously signed:"Tripz Founders". But who are they?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I think I have seen some discussions on the private saynottovrbo facebook page but nothing to astound and a wide variety of subscription fees quoted at various times. Some reports of bookings. A google comes up with this "The company is based in Wilmington, Delaware. Tripz.Com, Inc. operates as a joint venture between Alliance Reservation Network and Northstar Travel Group, LLC. ".

They have quite an amusing youtube promotion video based around service fees. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBk3pwX ... e=youtu.be

But as far as I can gather they have a long way to go yet.
GRL

Post by GRL »

I do wish their site would be up front about how much they charge owners without me having to register first.