Airbnb the new buzzword

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Martha

Post by Martha »

As a guest I use them all the time. As a host, they don't work well for us because of their insane cancellation policies. A shame really.

I agree that it's become a synonym, which makes life difficult when trying to find out where people find a property!

"Where did you book it?" "Oh Google"
"Yes...but which site?" "An Airbnb site, don't know which one"
:roll:
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

love airbnb as a guest, have stayed in some truly amazing properties in the US, about to take a big trip to NZ & after weeks of research hopefully have booked some more great places. The only ones we have ever had trouble with (both were cancelled by host for no reason) were with Instant Book, so I now try to have dialogue with host before I book to get a feel for the place. As a host we have had some great guests, only accept Request to Book as also like a dialogue & to read guest profile before I accept a booking.
Brockles

Post by Brockles »

I am trying to go through the hoops of listing with them. However when I reached the 'rates' page I couldn't find how to enter different rates for each season. Stopped in my tracks. Enlightenment needed please !
sandyandy

Post by sandyandy »

Hi, just out of curiousity, does anyone know whether properties listed on AirBnB have to comply with fire risk assessments/PAT testing/public liability insurance etc. the same as normal furnished holiday lets?
it will all come out in the wash
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Brockles - I find their website the most counter intuitive out and often have to jot down where to find things or I have lost it the next time. I go round in circles some days...

Go to Pricing and then look at Length of Stay discounts. There is an edit button. Click that. Near the bottom of that page there should be green letters which say something like Set Custom weekly prices. Mine says "You have set custom weekly prices for 5 weeks" so I can't remember how I originally got there but I guess there was a click through to start doing that.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Does anyone understand this https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1 ... -on-airbnb ?

I cannot find any listings with this information on it and asking AirBnB customer services is not a happy experience as they don't seem to understand the question. I'm assuming that if I attempt to put this information in my listing it would be removed anyway? Has anyone done this?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

newtimber wrote:.... I'm assuming that if I attempt to put this information in my listing it would be removed anyway? Has anyone done this?
Well, according to the EU ruling as explained in that link, if you are a business (as most of us are), then:
you must clearly show the following information on all your listings:
Your contact details, including an email address and telephone number

So, if these details are removed by Airbnb, who will get prosecuted - you or Airbnb ???????

This is, of course relevant to all the other OTAs as well.
I'm off to update my listing on HomeAway and be prepared to report them to the ECJ if my details are removed :wink:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

e-richard wrote:This is, of course relevant to all the other OTAs as well.

I'm off to update my listing on HomeAway and be prepared to report them to the ECJ if my details are removed :wink:
And the best of luck. :D