Lettings Management Company

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
holidayletter

Lettings Management Company

Post by holidayletter »

Hi all!

Were in the process of buying a cottage in South Devon and have shortlisted 2 management companies to run the property in our absence. Were about 300 miles away so this is what we thought best.

Has anyone experience of Toadhall Cottages or Coast and Country in managing lettings??

Any experiences are most welcome!

Thank you!

:-)
Mel House

Post by Mel House »

Hi holidayletter. We are in a similar boat, all be it in North Norfolk, we completed today (YAY!).

What management fees are you being offered? The leading contender to be our letting agent is offering 22% for fully managed and 17% for partially managed. I have no idea if that is good, bad or ugly? How does your's compare?
holidayletter

Post by holidayletter »

Hi,

Were being offered around 19-20% fully managed at the moment - but i think i can get that down a touch still.

How NOONE had any dealings with either of the management companies managing their holiday lets??

do tell!
bythesea

Post by bythesea »

Hi holidayletter, it may be worth starting a new thread with the names of the companies you mentioned (and your area) in the title to get a few more responses :)