Website Feedback for Puffin Lodge Filey

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Puffin Lodge Filey

Website Feedback for Puffin Lodge Filey

Post by Puffin Lodge Filey »

Hi everybody, our holiday let is just over a year old and we have been using Hoseasons for bookings. However, we have dropped Hoseasons and are now wanting to get direct bookings for 2018. I've used Promote My Place for our website which I found easier to use than starting something completely from scratch. Any comments or suggestions on the website would be appreciated. Many thanks.
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I see you use bookalet for your calendar. Do you have online booking, or do you want to do bookings by hand through enquiries?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Nigel Goodwin wrote:I see you use bookalet for your calendar. Do you have online booking...?
Click on any underlined date in the Bookalet calendar :wink:

Nice website though. Short and to the point.
Good luck with that.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

I like it. Nicely presented, with all the info you need, but not too fussy.

You have some lovely photos. I would be tempted to use fewer photos in the sidebars so you don't have long pages with a lot of blank space in the middle section (on my laptop), and would put a lot more photos of the lodge and surrounding area on your photos page.

I would also make it clearer how to book online using the calendar, with a link from your homepage. Online booking is a big plus. If you take credit cards, I'd make that clear too.
Puffin Lodge Filey

Post by Puffin Lodge Filey »

Thanks for your suggestions. I've reduced the number of photos in the sidebars and put more on the photos page. I don't take credit cards, just cheque, PayPal or bank transfer. The two direct bookings I've had so far have been happy with bank transfer.
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Really good

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi
Really like the site , main photo is excellent
I like how you have built it , simple to navigate
The one I would investigate if I was you , is to take credit cards
When people come to the site , seeing you take credit cards should help getting bookings
Just search "Wave / Stripe " on the forum , lots of good info , in our opinion ,easy to set up and use

Larry
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk