Holiday France Direct

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
dorie

Holiday France Direct

Post by dorie »

Hello...anyone list with Holiday France Direct?

https://www.holidayfrancedirect.co.uk

Any good?
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Been with them a couple of years on their Bookdirect system.
Works well and only costs £30 ish per booking.
Nice team at Brittany Ferries to contact as well - real people.
And you get 20% off any Brittany Ferries you book for yourselves.
Average 4-5 bookings per season which is not bad, unfortunately still most of our other bookings come via OD :evil:
What would Plato do ?
dorie

Post by dorie »

Thanks a lot...Is that a flat rate? So regardless of whether 2 day or 10 day for example?
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

dorie wrote:Thanks a lot...Is that a flat rate? So regardless of whether 2 day or 10 day for example?
Yes
What would Plato do ?
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

+1 for HFD, this is our first year with them and have so far had 2 enquiries from them, which is 2 more than we have had from OD.
pachypach1

Post by pachypach1 »

Our 5th year with them, most of bookings through them.
On quick book.
If you sign up with them, mention my name as a referrer and you get a free ferry crossing!
Rachel Steel-Le Deran - gite ref: BM003673
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I was interested in this as we aren't doing so well with Chez Nous and reluctant to go back to OD.

Is the "£30 ish" per booking the Quickbook scheme and does that mean you don't pay the 12 or 24 month contract fee. £30 ish is all you pay them?
pachypach1

Post by pachypach1 »

the quick book scheme charges the guests £34, then you deduct this off your deposit they pay to you.
no extra to pay.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

If you have more than 1 property they do allow you to mix between pay per booking & a paid listing. I pay for our largest property to be listed which entitles me to offer the 20% discount to all my clients plus £75 off a crossing for us each year. Our other 3 properties are "quickbook" pay per booking either way you dont lose control all monies are paid to you. I have been with them for a while now, great customer service would highly recommend.
pachypach1

Post by pachypach1 »

Anyone who is looking for other places to advertise, Holiday France Direct (the gite booking part of Brittany Ferries) are offering an incentive to new advertisers, and the person who recommended them.
For a month both of you get a free crossing (out of high season) If anyone can benefit from this or wants to know more about them (we've been with them for 5 years) I'm happy to help.
ronsat

Post by ronsat »

Last year we got two bookings through Holiday France Direct. It was otherwise a pretty dead year - we only got one booking from TA/HL, and a 4 week booking through word-of-mouth. So, Holiday France Direct helped save the day. And, as mentioned earlier, they are relatively inexpensive with their flat rate. The only thing that I don't like is that it appears that you have to advertise the prices in pounds. I would much rather set the price in Euros - as I do on the other sites.
We are Canadians who love spending time in Languedoc.
http://www.languedocvacationhome.ca
declanja

Post by declanja »

I have never considered them as our place is in NIce and we dont get guests that use the ferry. Does that make sense or would guests that fly book through them? Declan
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

declanja wrote:I have never considered them as our place is in NIce and we dont get guests that use the ferry. Does that make sense or would guests that fly book through them? Declan
Wouldn't hurt to try on their pay per booking,
GRL

Post by GRL »

I have had people find me on HFD and then not book through them as they did not use the ferry to get to us. If you do want to advertise with them please do let me refer you as I get a free ferry crossing :D
declanja

Post by declanja »

I will look into it Rosie and get back to you.Declan