owners direct renewal

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
elena

owners direct renewal

Post by elena »

Hi all!
Happy New Year!

Has anyone been successful in negotiating a discount if they recently renewed with OD?
Thanks!

Elena
www.lescrouquets.net
man who stand on side of mountain with mouth open waiting for roast duck to fly in have long wait....
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

No but I’m due to renew this month so interested if anyone else has! I have done a bit of research but it seems discounts are no longer being offered, or not that I have found.
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

ours is up for renewal on Monday, been pestered with messages from them over last month, no offer of discount & then as if by magic today I receive an enquiry - the first since 2015!!!
elena

Post by elena »

I have spoken to two different people (and my husband has also spoken to someone too) regarding a renewal discount given that we have 3 ads with them, we've been with them since 2007 and we got a discount last year, but they will not be moved.

Only offered "solution" was to move over to pay as you go .....

I guess we're just not playing the game by all of their rules :(

Would love to just walk away but the sad fact is this is our busy time for taking bookings and although OD bookings are down I can't risk a gamble on the unknown.

Other sites we're with are not producing anything worth talking about. Our ad expired yesterday. It hasn't been taken down yet but nobody is rushing to tempt us back as they would have done before.

Elena
www.lescrouquets.net
man who stand on side of mountain with mouth open waiting for roast duck to fly in have long wait....
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

My renewal is 30th Jan so interested to see if anyone gets contacted if they don't renew.

It seems it's much less to renew on subs but you have to go down the online booking route. Does anyone know what the payment terms is on that and how much commission the guest pays (even though we will,pay a subs)?

Trying to work out if commission might be a better option.

Mousie
x
nealh

Post by nealh »

Our OD subscription expired in December. We had a phonecall asking if we would like to renew to which I replied with the usual reasons why we are not. There was a half-hearted attempt to get us to go the commission route but when it was clear we were not for turning then the rep said she would pass our comments on. The call lasted a few minutes at most.

Last year we left them but got wooed back by the offer of a discount which made the figures stack up for us a bit better. Maybe they are missing a trick by not offering a renewal discount. That way we feel we have 'saved' a bit of cash while OD are still able to receive their (extortionate) fees.
elena

Post by elena »

Well, I had a last attempt at trying to negotiate a discount by posting on the OD Facebook page ... initial response seemed promising but then I got a reply saying that the sales dept has stopped issuing discount codes this year and that if I feel we are getting less bookings the pay as you go would be the better option to take. End of.

It would seem they are not for budging .... sadly, for me, like some others here, I just don't have any realistic alternative that can let me walk away without shooting myself in the foot ..... one day .... sigh

Elena
www.lescrouquet.net
www.dordogne-holiday-villa.co.uk
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

have walked away, but been at it 15yrs, so winding down this year. No enquiries from OD for 3yrs so no regrets....
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I am reluctant to leave OD/HA but will monitor my booking source carefully in the run up to June when my renewal is due.

Generally most of my bookings coming in during Jan are through OD/HA, but not this Jan ... so far anyway. Hopefully they will start arriving from another source..!

Past bookings from OD /(HA)
Apr 14- Apr 15: 30%
Apr 15- Apr 16: 31%
Apr 16 -Apr 17: 39%
Apr 17 -Apr 18: 19% (+ 11% from people finding me on OD/HA then booking direct)

welshfred

Post by welshfred »

Hi, my subscription is also due for renewal with OD in a few weeks. I’m really reluctant to sign up to their online payment system but it seems you have no choice. And then they charge you an extra 2.9% per booking for the pleasure! On top of their extra charge to all guests they are taking about 10% on every booking. As well as my annual subscription. Grrrr. Does anyone else increase their rates on the OD site (compared with booking direct with you) to cover the extra 2.9% charge? Or do you just take it on the chin? Thanks