Facebook

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
rotaman

Facebook

Post by rotaman »

Has anyone used or ever used Facebook the advertise there holiday lets, how good or bad is it

Rotaman
canal boating 'the fastest way to slow down'
CSE

Post by CSE »

I think this has been brought up before somewhere in the relevant section on Social media
viewforum.php?f=40
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I get the majority of my bookings from Facebook

Sandra
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Hi Sandra

How do you use Facebook for that? Do you pay for promotions? We get an increasing number of bookings but that is from posting on buy and sell sites. While it works I really don't feel it is the best way to promote a well presented property. They all seem to expect a discount or assume the price in August should be the same as the price in January.
rotaman

Post by rotaman »

Thanks for your comment Sandra we just put up our holiday let on face book and had a few enquiries already

Roy
canal boating 'the fastest way to slow down'
GRL

Post by GRL »

There are various FB groups you can join that promote direct bookings. Come and join Book Your Holiday Direct if you want (I am an admin) https://www.facebook.com/groups/bookholidaysdirect/
Martha

Post by Martha »

I have all my instagram feed auto-posted to my FB page so it's fairly low maintenance. I think I've had it for five years at least. Next week my first ever Facebook booking arrives! So I can't say it's been the most efficient for me :lol: but I think it helps reassure people that we are real.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
arkvilla

Post by arkvilla »

ianh100 wrote:Hi Sandra

How do you use Facebook for that? Do you pay for promotions? We get an increasing number of bookings but that is from posting on buy and sell sites. While it works I really don't feel it is the best way to promote a well presented property. They all seem to expect a discount or assume the price in August should be the same as the price in January.
I run a Orlando group for villa owners so that helps a lot and the majority of my guests interact on my page and I encourage that

I never pay for promotions

Sandra
arkvilla

Post by arkvilla »

rotaman wrote:Thanks for your comment Sandra we just put up our holiday let on face book and had a few enquiries already

Roy
You're welcome and well done Roy
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

ianh100 wrote:Hi Sandra

Curious as I just started yesterday to use FB's sell/buy groups to post my rental as the big sites are gouging the guests ....... but I am somewhat concerned about the quality of the guest. What would you say your experience has been with the type of guests you get from the buy/sell groups on FB ianh100
Thank you
Kate
USA