Please Review my new Cyprus website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Pete Bottomley

Please Review my new Cyprus website

Post by Pete Bottomley »

Hi all

I am new to the forum and have just put live today a new website for a property I have just purchased in Kapparis Cyprus. www.holidaylettings.co.uk/16075

Grateful for your thoughts.

Kind regards
Pete Bottomley
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new property.

Your HL entry looks great - lovely photos of the pool and the beach, which people will obviously want to see.

I also like the 'breakfast' photo, great holiday ambiance.

Could you possibly adjust the lighting in the lounge photo?

In the bedroom photo, do you have pillowcases to match the bedspread, or did you leave the pillows white deliberately?

It looks like a great family holiday location, that pool is so tempting!
Jenny
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello Pete

I really like what you've written about your house and the surrounding area. I'm not sure about the photo of the living room, it looks a bit orange. If you are not living over there in order to get a brighter photo, why not change it for the photo of the local beach or the other living room shot you have?

HTH

Michelle
Pete Bottomley

Thanks

Post by Pete Bottomley »

Hi Jennie, Michelle

Thanks for your feedback. The only daytime shot was the one in the gallery but as it was 'portrait' I put it in the Photo gallery. I have put a caption on it 'Lounge at night' . No matching pillow covers I am afraid. It would probably look better with the bedspread pulled over the pillows. I will try again next trip!!

Thanks again
Pete Bottomley
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hello Pete,

You're quite right, of course, I overlooked the 'by night' qualifier - and the pillow remark is only a very minor point, but it probably would look better with the bedspread pulled up and over.

Overall, though, I think the listing sells your property very well.

Jenny
website

Post by website »

Hi Pete.

I agree with the comments made about the orange photo. I would look to change that one.

Really liked the breakfast photo though with the swimming pool and sea in the background.

I quite like white pillow case covers, it says "clean" to me but have to agree that pulling the cover over may have been a better option.

Good luck with your property.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Pete,

An afterthought: the photo of the overall building with the palm trees in the foreground - could you zoom in slightly closer so that the building more or less fills the frame and the viewer sees less of the immediate surroundings? I may be wrong, but the impression is that the site is slightly unfinished (not yet completely landscaped is what I am trying to say).
Pete Bottomley

Post by Pete Bottomley »

Hi Jenny

Sorry for the delay. I have been away for a week.

That land is going to be landscaped when the development is completely finished. I was torn between cropping it but decided against as I wanted to show that there is plenty of space around the property unlike many other areas in the area..

Thanks again for the feedback Jenny. Has anyone got anymore?

Kind regards
Pete Bottomley
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Fair point, Pete. I think you're right about that on reflection...

Jenny
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Pete I think it looks great....Well done
the photo of the table showing the sea is great it says it all really..

Probably me but does it say about deposit etc.anywhere.
Also under the caption of the pool I think I would specify exactly which house it is...and does the pool gate have a key[Im sure it has] If not Id get one..
The easy access to the pool might worry families with young children unless you specify that it can be locked......
Also is it open all year
Ours is but I know some shared ones arent and Id put a note saying it is as well I think Im going to add it to mine...mind you anyone swimming Nov onwards is going to get very cold....

Good Luck....
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Pete Bottomley wrote:
Grateful for your thoughts
Hi Pete

I'd be tempted to group the pictures more effectively, at present they dodge around a bit. Exteriors, interiors and on to the locality and amenities. Sort of telling a story logically.

Maybe substitute a couple of the beach shots with something showing local cafes, activities etc. Change the orange interior. Avoid upright shots with this sort of layout. What about an early morning/late evening landscape for a bit of atmosphere.

Champagne for breakfast - my sort of meal! Best of luck.

Jim
Topcat

Pete's website.

Post by Topcat »

First, if I've already posted half a reply then my apologies! This one is for real.

I think it's a very nice site. However, i agree about the lounge photo. I know it's evening, but it looks gloomy, so I would retake it or take another in the daytime. The food pics are great.

Now, maybe it's just me, but are you sure you're wise talking about the troubles in Cyprus in quite that way. It does sound a bit off-putting. If you feel it's necessary to refer to them, could you approach it more like: 'despite Cyprus' troubled past of 40 years ago............' or something like that.

Just a thought.

Best wishes,

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'