Dog smells.

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Vera

Dog smells.

Post by Vera »

We currently have a 4 week let with 2 dogs. They are one week in and I had to enter the property yesterday to help with a TV setting and the place smelt decidedly "doggy".
I didn't mention it at the time but we only have a one day gap after they leave and I am concerned that it isn't enough time to clear it.

We are dog owners and have also had dogs stay before and this is noticeably more pronounced than i would find acceptable.

I will mention it to them, they seem really nice people. I thought I might buy some air fresheners for them and tactfully suggest they use them.

Any other thoughts on reducing the problem now and clearing the air after they leave?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Could just be there's a doggy smell from their bedding, which will go with them when they leave? I do try with mine, and hang them all out to air every day if I can. Air fresheners sound a good idea, maybe those solid Neutradol ones that absorb the odours, and some Febreeze in the end of stay cleaning kit.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I've been using those charcoal bags for general air freshening, a have one hung in each room and they really do seem to be good, worth a try? Hopefully it will just go when the dogs do - I've dog-sat noticeably smelly dogs and never noticed that it lingered.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix