Selling in 2018

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
MisterC

Selling in 2018

Post by MisterC »

Hi
We have a house and small two person gite in France. Reaching a certain age it may be time for us to sadly go back to the UK. We've been told that because of the possible residency problems for Brits after Brexit i.e March 2019, Now is the time to sell because the UK buyers market will die after that date. This gives a one year window of opportunity maybe. Not going to ask an estate agent - they're bound to say YES sell now (unless you know of one who is going to be truthful) Be grateful for any opinions.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

I have a friend who deals with all the UK enquiries for Leggett immobilier (i.e they come to her and she passes them on to regional agents in France) and she says she's never been busier as Brits are thinking, 'It's now or never.' I'm not interested in selling our place at the moment so this was just a chat between friends, but if you are set on selling, it does sound like the market is buoyant at the moment.

Good luck if you do decide to sell - hope it all goes smoothly.
MisterC

Post by MisterC »

Thanks that's helpful and thanks for your good wishes too!