Wix Hotel & Tripadvisor Connect

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
davhill

Wix Hotel & Tripadvisor Connect

Post by davhill »

Hello all,

I'm seeking a little clarification, or maybe someone can help.

Post-divorce, I've retained my home in The Lake District. I've arranged it so I can holiday let the ground floor. Last season, I started things off in April and sold 70-odd nights, via Holiday Lettings from Tripadvisor.

I disagree with TA's practice of publishing reviews without allowing me to approve or even see them first. The last guests stayed a month (insurance job) and gave me a 2-star review full of lies.

I've just advertised with Wix and Wix Hotels. The latter now has an invitation to use a thing called Tripadvisor Connect, at somewhere between 12 and 15%.

The bugbear is that it isn't possible to use PayPal and the 'free' option is 'offline payments'. This seems to mean chasing guests for a BACS payment or the like. However, guests can book live before paying.

I assume there's a mechanism to allow bookings to stand only for a short time and be verified when a deposit or payment is received.

As usual, trying to get a workable tale out of TA is probably a matter of plaiting fog. After previous experiences, I'm very wary.

Has anyone any experiences/suggestins/words of comfort?
Property owner in Burneside, Kendal, Cumbria