Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
hobbo

Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence

Post by hobbo »

I've just checked regarding their 'certificate of excellence' criteria in their FAQ to the question 'Do commercial relationships with TripAdvisor influence Certificate of Excellence? the answer is
No, Certificate of Excellence recipients are determined by travellers through their ratings and reviews on TripAdvisor. Whether or not a business has a commercial relationship with TripAdvisor is not a factor when determining recipients.'

However to qualify for the certificate you must have accepted at least 3 bookings via their online booking process! our ad with them is now on a commission only basis and we have accepted 1 booking via their online payment system (that cost the guest an extra £501.29 and ourselves commission of £167.31) if I have got 3 booking like this TA will have an income of >£2000 and award me my 'Certificate of Excellence'.

Oh and by the way, whilst we have only had 1 online payment our advert shows '6 other travellers have booked this property online using TripAdvisor Payments.'
I have a very responsible position, if anything goes wrong I'm responsible ..
www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I would Never put one of those on my website, it's purely a marketing ploy, you put it on your own website so if someone is interested in your rental and they see it and click on it, it takes then away from your website and on to their site with hundreds of your competitors

Righ there you could have lost your booking

Steer clear is my advice

Sandra
hobbo

Post by hobbo »

arkvilla wrote:I would Never put one of those on my website, it's purely a marketing ploy, you put it on your own website so if someone is interested in your rental and they see it and click on it, it takes then away from your website and on to their site with hundreds of your competitors

Steer clear is my advice

Sandra
if there is a link just disable it, like in this one https://www.manzaravillas.com/
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Unfortunately guests think it means that the property has been awarded the certificate - not the owners - & it gives the impression of a superior listing. I fulfil all the criteria but as I won't do instant bookings will never get it.
hobbo

Post by hobbo »

kyreniagirl wrote:Unfortunately guests think it means that the property has been awarded the certificate - not the owners - & it gives the impression of a superior listing. I fulfil all the criteria but as I won't do instant bookings will never get it.
Kyreniagirl, instant bookings are not part of the criteria, it requires online payments which is different (still a pain in the but!) If you haven't received 3 bookings via online payments then you don't fulfill the requirements. I doubt I will ever accept instant bookings, as a villa owner with just 1 villa, adverts in many places whilst I update the master calendar very promptly the chance of double booking is just unacceptable.
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

hobbo wrote:
arkvilla wrote:I would Never put one of those on my website, it's purely a marketing ploy, you put it on your own website so if someone is interested in your rental and they see it and click on it, it takes then away from your website and on to their site with hundreds of your competitors

Steer clear is my advice

Sandra
if there is a link just disable it, like in this one https://www.manzaravillas.com/
Yes I've seen that but I don't want anything to do with any listing site being on my own personal website, I work hard for my bookings

Sandra