Website that helps you add a map to your site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
debk

Post by debk »

I don't know which website it appears on
one of our clever and industrious LMHers perhaps? 8)
debk
altyfc

Post by altyfc »

Hehe... that's not impossible. :)

Actually, I've been amazed at the take-up. Not sure how many here are using it, but we've already had 630 maps created since launch. :shock:

Aaron
centime

Post by centime »

Aaron: Centime here owning up to creating the map in question after seeing Debks post in LMH forum about the guests wanting to do a little gourmet cooking. I live in the area that is mapped and hope that one of my pals at Maria da Fonte and Mafalda at Garrafeira Campo de Ourique like your software too and give it a whirl. Great for sending by email when guests ask specific questions about the area. So now you all see how I spent my Sunday! Like it a lot, more power to you and us! :D I will keep you posted as to the reaction of the locals!
Lisbon the lovely, Lisbon the fair, never to have seen her is to miss something rare!
paolo

Post by paolo »

I think this is a really GOOD thing. Plenty of owners have a map to show where their house is, but the map is fixed on one scale. This Google/Aardvark map lets you set a very large scale to show where your property is in relation to the sea, the airport, the capital city, for instance. You can add some text to encourage people to zoom in on the map to see the local area in detail. I like the hybrid version, which shows places and roads on a satellite image.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

This seems like an appropriate thread to ask a question! I've put a Google Map on our site (wish I'd known about this tool, would have saved on a few headaches!!!), which has proved to be really useful.

I've marked the locations of the various properties, and the location of the local airports; ideally I would like to use a custom marker for the airports, but I have no idea how to do it! :shock: Can anybody help?

Thanks
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
altyfc

Post by altyfc »

Hi there

This is something we shall be able to offer in the not too distant future. It's not available yet... but it will be coming. :)

Aaron
altyfc

Post by altyfc »

paolo wrote:I think this is a really GOOD thing. Plenty of owners have a map to show where their house is, but the map is fixed on one scale. This Google/Aardvark map lets you set a very large scale to show where your property is in relation to the sea, the airport, the capital city, for instance. You can add some text to encourage people to zoom in on the map to see the local area in detail. I like the hybrid version, which shows places and roads on a satellite image.
Glad you like it, Paolo.. thanks for the support! :)