Wimdu

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
wanderer

Wimdu

Post by wanderer »

Good afternoon All,
Does anyone have any experience working with Wimdu good or bad? many thanks for your feedback
GRL

Post by GRL »

I was with them a while ago and did get one booking but then got so many spam enquiries that I pulled off the site (several a day). I may go back on at some point in the hope that they have sorted out all the spamming. I believe the charge to guests is very high.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Many thanks Rosie for your insight - I will try and understand what they charge guests before I commit.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Hello wanderer,

We listed with Wimdu in 2013 and received 1 enquiry in 2014 and another in 2015.

As Rosie mentioned, Wimdu had problems in 2016 with scammers signing up as guests and then asking through their system to be contacted offline. After a further spate of quite convincing phishing emails (saying that we had contacted guests outside their system and needed to reset our account), it has been quite since then (also with enquiries!)

Then suddenly last summer we received a booking for a weekend last November.

So, like others have said on previous threads, don't expect Wimdu to fill up your calendar, but it costs nothing to list and if I take that one booking as an example:

- Guests paid €697 (including Wimdu's processing fee)

- We received €590 of this amount after the guests checked in (guests arrived on a Friday and the payment arrived in our bank account from Wimdu on the following Tuesday, so pretty fast)

Hope the above is helpful to you...
GRL

Post by GRL »

Thanks for that update AngloDutch - I may well, therefore, reactivate my listing. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

many thanks Anglo-Dutch for all the info on Wimdu - looks like they charge a substantial fee to the guests - probably give it a miss. Appreciate your comments.
propertytorent

Post by propertytorent »

I have received 3 bookings through Wimdu in the last 12 months.
As others have said, guest fee is high. Also damage deposits have to be handle offline.