All advice and reviews welcomed on new website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
stewart-sandeman

All advice and reviews welcomed on new website

Post by stewart-sandeman »

A few years ago, when I started off renting a holiday house, I got superb feedback, when I posted a plea for help on the forum. In return I have tried to make suggestions for others on this website.

Fast forward a few years and I have now added a new property - Lower Polnish - both are highly quirky!

Laggan is now fully booked for 2018, and I have got 4 bookings for Lower Polnish (despite no internal pictures - as it is going to be refurbished in March).

All comments gratefully received for Lower Polnish - please see www.ardnish.org

Many thanks in advance.

Peter
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I just loved that website.

The proposition itself is most unusual and so is the way the website is put together. It took a moment or two for me to realise why. Its the way you lead the reader from page to page with the "next" buttons at the foot of each page. Somehow it just works so nicely compared to the normal menu point navigation (Although I noted that this is ALSO available)

Its clearly very phone-friendly (responsive) which brings me to a very minor issue. The bulleted list (0 Accessible only on foot (400 yard walk), 0 Sleeps 2 - £375-£550 per week ... etc) looks OK on a phone, but is widely spread and less readable on a normal PC screen. Its preferable to have these IMPORTANT points in a vertical list where its easier to see each point at a glance.

And I nearly missed the key issue: "Has electricity" :lol:

p.s. Check your links in the footer menu !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Moonshine

Post by Moonshine »

Hi Peter

Lower Polnish looks absolutely gorgeous! It reminds me so much of where I used to live on Skye, although that was two miles from where I had to leave my car and had no electricity.

If you haven’t yet got the furniture, how about a sofa bed in the new sitting room? That way two friends who didn’t want to sleep in the same bed, or even in the same room, could stay in the cottage. I would have that arrangement here if my cottage had room, as I’ve lost several bookings because I only have a kingsize bed and two armchairs - a father and daughter last summer, for example.

I like your website very much and can’t see how it can really be improved. It’s good to warn people about what they might not like (yes midges, I’m talking about you) as well as entice them with all the things they will. Why no TV? I find that my guests here, in a fairly remote place, watch it a fair bit. Or maybe your electricity isn’t mains.

One problem with the map: the satellite map for Lower Polnish doesn’t seem to work entirely correctly as it doesn’t stay sharp when I enlarge it (unlike the map for Laggan). And the two red pointers on both maps don’t seem to point to houses. It’s good to be able to pinpoint houses exactly to see their surroundings. The links need attention, as you know, but for me the horizontal bulleted list works fine on a PC.

Both houses look really wonderful, and I hope to be in touch about Lower Polnish in due course. But if you need someone to give it a test drive when you’ve finished your renovations do let me know!
stewart-sandeman

Lower Polnish

Many thanks for your comments - much appreciated and I will look to make the changes you suggested. Peter
kg1

Post by kg1 »

I really liked it & have nothing to add to the above but I am sooooo glad I don't do your turnarounds :lol:
stewart-sandeman

kyreniagirl wrote:I really liked it & have nothing to add to the above but I am sooooo glad I don't do your turnarounds :lol:
Surprisingly they work quite well, everyone brings their own bed linen and towels, and cleans the house for the next person - arrival and departure times are a bit of a nightmare as they are dependent on the tides!
Casa Isa Elena

Re: All advice and reviews welcomed on new website

Post by Casa Isa Elena »

Hello,

I'm a bit late to the game for you, but want to contribute to forum as well as asking for help myself.

Lovely website - somehow the colours/layout/font and lack of clutter on screen gives a peaceful sense which is perfect for the kind of holiday you're selling.

I like the way you're very upfront about whether the houses are suitable for guests, given the challenges/attractions of each. It would give me confidence that I'd really be getting what I expected if I booked with you.

I expect the interior photos are just a reflection of the house itself, but they do seem dark which makes them difficult to see. While I'd be happy for the house to be dark and cosy, I'm having to really peer at them to see what the room's like. NOT a major issue, but I'm trying to be picky to be helpful!

Please add the photos of the interior of the second house soon, I'd love to see how it turned out!

Hope your bookings are rolling in,

Post by amandajane »

I agree too.

I particularly like the way the simplicity of the site matches what you offer. And well done for your "un-selling".

Do let us know when you add your interior pics.
stewart-sandeman

Finally got round to updating the website with some internal photos - thanks for all your comments to date.

http://www.ardnish.org/polnish/tour.php

Peter