Non-resident owners: collecting the Guardia Civil info

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Gazpacho

Non-resident owners: collecting the Guardia Civil info

Post by Gazpacho »

I have a username and PIN number for the Guardia Civil site, and I understand that I have to collect guests'passport info and upload it.

As we live in the UK, I'm wondering if I can collect the passport details in advance from guests and submit it online. Often we have up to 15 guests arriving and it seems unreasonable to expect the caretaker to copy all these details and get signatures when he has so much else to do (and it's hard enough to get the attention of everyone in a large group as it is!).

I have looked at the GC site and I'm not sure whether I can just upload the passport details for each guest instead of submitting signed forms, or do you have to do both? I could send forms to each guest and ask them to complete, sign and scan them but even that sounds like it would irritate the guests!

What do other non-resident owners do about collecting this info? I would love to know!
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

We are are on-site owners and have done up a one page form which we give to guests on arrival. It's a table with a column for each bit of data required. We ask guests to fill it out and then return to us that evening. Could you do this for guests then ask them to send a photo of it to you (or could your caretaker take a photo and send it?).
CSE

Post by CSE »

Have you not asked the tourism office when you obtained your licence?
If not perhaps you best contact them.
We feel that it is the owners responsibility to complete the forms correctly. We would never leave it to a guest to complete the details.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.