Security deposit under the new OD system?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Why do you even take a security deposit through HA/OD?

Surely once you get the guest's address details after final balance has been paid (to HA), you can then contact guest directly and take security deposit yourself, cut out the middle man (and their outrageous add-on charges) and most importantly take back control of the refund.

What have I missed ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
louiseddie

Post by louiseddie »

Hi Sam, if the booking that was waiting for their refund was made before they changed their deposit system then yes you have to manually activate it. Any bookings taken after they changed their system are automatic. Hope that helps.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

e-richard wrote:Why do you even take a security deposit through HA/OD?

Surely once you get the guest's address details after final balance has been paid (to HA), you can then contact guest directly and take security deposit yourself, cut out the middle man (and their outrageous add-on charges) and most importantly take back control of the refund.

What have I missed ?
Good point actually Richard. My only reservation is successfully wording that the deposit is paid to me directly without imcumbering either some kind of issue with the listing site or the confidence of the guests to make the payment to me and not through the site (and all it’s booking safety insurances)
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com