French Pillows

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
NiceCuppaTea

French Pillows

Post by NiceCuppaTea »

Hi, can anybody recommend some reasonably priced square pillows? I would like to buy them in France and they need to be machine washable. Thanks.
apiersa

Post by apiersa »

Ikea in France sells very reasonably priced square pillows, together with the pillow protective cases that I always put underneath the pillow case that matches the sheets. The means I can just wash the protective case and only wash the pillows themselves once a season.
NiceCuppaTea

Post by NiceCuppaTea »

Thank you for your reply. I have bought and use the quilted pillow protectors from IKEA and I have found them very good, but I have not tried their pillows. How do you find they wash? The problem I have had with pillows bought here in the past is that they become very lumpy after I have washed them and I have to replace them.
apiersa

Post by apiersa »

I buy feather-filled pillows and when I wash them I put one or more tennis balls in with the wash. These help bang the feathers about and stops them coagulating quite as much. And then once they're dry I just bash the pillows about a bit to spread the feathers out again, and hey presto! Done.
Moth

Post by Moth »

Both IKEA and Carrefour stock reasonably priced pillows both square and oblong. I buy the ones with synthetic filling to avoid allergies and have found that about half get ruined in the wash with the filling bunching up.
Decided last year that it simply wasn’t worth the cost of the electricity, water, detergent and all the time taken to wash them, only to find half in lumps, so will simply replace them when they get smelly. I might try the tennis balls though. Does anyone know if they work for synthetic fillings?
baringa

Post by baringa »

Worth a try with the tennis balls, otherwise I also replace pillows quite often and when they become stained, even though I always use undercovers. I buy promos in pairs from the supermarkets, unfortunately quality varies with some good buys, some bad (lumpy or flat), and I don't have two lots of pillows the same :lol: