New bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Hells Bells

New bookings

Post by Hells Bells »

I have taken two bookings in the last week, who have emailed me to say they want the apartment, and have then said at the bottom of the email, that they will be off on holiday for the next week, blah, blah, blah. Why can't they just sort the deposits out before they go.? !!! :evil:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Isn't this called wanting your cake and eating it? :twisted: Guess they are hoping you'll just keep it for them without having to pay yet ! I got fed up with this and last week I just asked someone for a postdated deposit cheque as I realised they really wanted the house but couldn't pay the deposit yet, I have the cheque, next week I will cash it. This wouldn't work for lots of bookings though, you'd get too much in a muddle ( well I would)- it's just a one off experiment really.

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I know, a bit annoying, as I could have had everything sorted out and banked before I go on holiday myself next week, instead it will have to wait until I get back.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Helen :D

I wouldnt class it as a booking if they havent given you a deposit....maybe theyre messing you about,
tell them if you get another enquiry while theyre away you will have to take it......
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise,
...and last week I just asked someone for a postdated deposit cheque...
Just a tiny point. Strictly speaking post-dated cheques don't exist in France. A French cheque is due for payment on the day it is presented, no matter what is written on the cheque.

Fluffy
debk

Post by debk »

If anyone is on the edge about signing up with an online credit card service, this is one area in which it really helps.

I, too, get these last minute "going out of town but will pay when I get back" emails but I respond in the normal way: with a "Reservation Confirmation" email that gives them 72 hours to process online payment (or else the reservation is automatically cancelled).

Usually, I get payment within an hour and a "thank you" for making it so easy. If I don't get payment within an hour, I figure they are not really going out of town... just trying to tie up a property while they dicuss it with their friends, half of whom really want to go to Nepal for vacation. :roll:
debk
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Sorry if you mentioned this before Deb, but what online service do you use?
Cheers
PC
debk

Post by debk »

Paul, I use the expensive but highly reliable WorldPay.

Love the Hendrixcat.
debk
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thank's Deb...............Google Wallet.......we will see.

BTW his name is Kat Cobain.
Cheers
PC
debk

Post by debk »

Cobain, Hendrix...as long as they are from Seattle, they're family.
debk
with a piece of her aspartamine-drenched heart always back in Seattle
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Alan Knighting wrote:Fraise,
...and last week I just asked someone for a postdated deposit cheque...
Just a tiny point. Strictly speaking post-dated cheques don't exist in France. A French cheque is due for payment on the day it is presented, no matter what is written on the cheque.

Fluffy
Hi Fluffs, spot on, but I'm in UK so we do do post dated cheques :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hi, none of them were messing me around. The deposits were in my Paypal account last Monday. Both of the bookings were passed on to me by the lady who looks after the apartment (although one was also a previous guest). I shall have to make it more clear to her that the bookings can't be confirmed by her until I receive the money.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi HelenB, :D

Glad its all worked out for you :wink: :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Another one now, after sending them a Euro invoice for payment via Paypal, they want to pay in sterling to a UK account. Honestly!!!
:roll:
FionaV

Post by FionaV »

I've just had an email explaining that they're very interested in our gite and would I mind holding it for them whilst they check out other cottages!
Fiona