New bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Alan Knighting wrote:Susan,
It does, but only if it is sent via Airmail from the UK! You'd be suprised at the number of people who just stick the envelope in the postbox, then wonder what has happened to it. It takes at least 2 weeks to arrive if it isn't sent airmail.
Yesterday I received a letter from my Pension Company in the UK dated 26th October, yes this year.

It looks as though you are right - to an extent. It would seem it all depends on where the post is coming from

Fluffy
Recently I sent keys (from the UK) to guests in Germany. After about 10 days they told me they hadn't received them.

I went to the post office in a panic to see how I could get a 2nd set to them urgently.

Apparently, there is no 2 tier postal service to Europe anymore. All post travels the same way (whatever that is).

Furthermore there was no way I could ensure a speedy delivery, there were various additional services I could pay for, like signature on arrival which might mean more care was taken but they couldn't guarantee it!

In the end I did pay for something like this but the guests received both sets of keys before the departure date anyway.

I was told at the post office 'off the record' that it was just luck of the draw how long post to Europe took these days!!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi LaLuz :D

Thanks for that...could be a timely warning for people sending keys abroad...
Send early and hope for the best..
I have given 2 Spare sets of keys to both houses to Paula in Spain in case this happens and she can give them to the people directly[without giving hers over]

Might also be handy on a last minute booking......
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

I've done the same Ros, and after a couple of guests locked themselves out, I hid a spare set in the garden.

I thought that one day someone would call our property manager when he was miles away and couldn't rescue them. At least now he can just direct them to the spares.

Of course sods law dictates that it's never happened since I did this. Still better safe than sorry!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Laluz
Getting back to the Post.....Bear in mind Ive paid over £5 for the keys and Info NOT to get to Ireland
and when I was paying this she said is there a personal letter in there if so it will cost MORE...and she said theyre was only one service now[yeah CR*P} :evil: as far as Im concerned... :roll: